DelveInsight’s, “Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Pipeline Insight, 2022,” report provides comprehensive insights about 100+ companies and 100+ pipeline drugs in Type 2 Diabetes mellitus pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
Key takeaways from Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Pipeline Insight Report
- DelveInsight’s Type 2 Diabetes Pipeline report depicts a robust space with 100+ active players working to develop 100+ pipeline therapies for Type 2 Diabetes.
- The leading Type 2 Diabetes Companies such as Hanmi Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi, Eli lily and Company, AstraZeneca, NovoNordisk, Noxxon Pharma AG, Oramed Pharmaceuticals, Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Daiichi Sankyo Company, Halozyme Therapeutics, Saniona, Novartis, Pfizer, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Mylan, Nordic Bioscience A/S, KeyBioscience AG, Adocia, Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine, Bristol myers Suibb, Phenomix, Forest Laboratories, ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Hanmi Pharmaceuticals, Cytogel, Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Arthritis Innovation Corporation, Astellas Pharma, IItoo Pharma, Medspace Inc., Oramed Ltd., Flexion Therapeutics, Integrium, AbbVie, and others
- Promising Type 2 Diabetes Therapies such as Sotagliflozin, ORMD0801, LY3209590, HM12460A, HM14220, and others.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Type 2 Diabetes mellitus R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve Postoperative Pain.
- In the report, detailed description of the drug is given which includes mechanism of action of the drug, clinical studies, NDA approvals (if any), and product development activities comprising the technology, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus collaborations, licensing, mergers and acquisition, funding, designations and other product related details.
Request a sample and discover the recent advances in Type 2 Diabetes treatment @ Type 2 Diabetes Pipeline Report
Type 2 Diabetes Overview
Diabetes mellitus (DM) is a chronic metabolic disorder characterized by persistent hyperglycemia. It may be due to impaired insulin secretion, resistance to peripheral actions of insulin, or both. Diabetes mellitus are of three types Type1, Type 2 and Gestational Diabetes. Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) accounts for around 90% of all cases of diabetes. In T2DM, the response to insulin is diminished, and this is defined as insulin resistance. During this state, insulin is ineffective and is initially countered by an increase in insulin production to maintain glucose homeostasis, but over time, insulin production decreases, resulting in T2DM. T2DM is most commonly seen in persons older than 45 years. Type 2 diabetes primarily occurs as a result of obesity and lack of exercise. Some people are more genetically at risk than others. Type 2 diabetes makes up about 90% of cases of diabetes, with the other 10% due primarily to type 1 diabetes and gestational diabetes. Diagnosis of diabetes is by blood tests such as fasting plasma glucose, oral glucose tolerance test, or glycated hemoglobin (A1C). Type 2 diabetes is typically a chronic disease associated with a ten-year-shorter life expectancy.
Recent Breakthroughs of Type 2 Diabetes Treatment Landscape
- HM14220 is a combination of a long-acting insulin analog and a long-acting exendin-4 analog; Targeting once weekly administration. It is in the pre-clinical stage of development for the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes.
- The novel basal insulin HM12460A consists of an insulin analog (Insulin 115)conjugated to the human aglycosylated FC fragment via a small PEG linker and is developed for once-weekly administration HM12460A displays substantially prolonged pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic profile ,No increased mitogenic potency compared to regular insulin .It showed similar metabolic potency compared to regular insulin after long-term stimulation , decreased insulin receptor downregulation and it showed improved insulin signaling under chronic conditions.It is in Phase1 stage of development for the treatment of Type2 diabetes.
- LY3209590 “Basal insulin-Fc” is a large molecule comprised of an engineered insulin fused to an Fc domain designed to provide a long-acting basal profile. LY3209590 is in Phase 2 stage of development for the treatment of Type2 diabetes.
- Oramed’s oral insulin (ORMD-0801) has the potential to create a new paradigm in the treatment of diabetes by oral delivery of insulin at an earlier stage of treatment, potentially slowing disease progression and delaying or even eliminating late-stage complications. Orally administered insulin brings with it enhanced patient compliance. In addition, intestinally absorbed-oral insulin actually mimics insulin’s natural location and gradients in the body by first passing through the liver before entering the bloodstream.ORMD0801 is in the phase 3 stage of development to treat Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Find out more about Type 2 Diabetes Medication @ Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Type 2 Diabetes Emerging Drugs
- Sotagliflozin: Lexicon Pharmaceuticals
- ORMD0801: Oramed Pharmaceuticals
- LY3209590-Eli lily and Company
- HM12460A: Hanmi Pharmaceuticals
- HM14220:Hanmi Pharmaceuticals
DelveInsight’s Type 2 Diabetes Pipeline Report covers around 100+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II)
- Early-stage product (Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
- Route of Administration
Learn more about the novel and emerging Type 2 Diabetes pipeline therapies @ Type 2 Diabetes Clinical Trials
Scope of the Type 2 Diabetes Pipeline Insight Report
- Coverage- Global
- Type 2 Diabetes Assessment by Product Type
- Type 2 Diabetes Assessment by Stage and Product Type
- Type 2 Diabetes Assessment by Route of Administration
- Type 2 Diabetes Assessment by Stage and Route of Administration
- Type 2 Diabetes Assessment by Molecule Type
- Type 2 Diabetes Assessment by Stage and Molecule Type
- Type 2 Diabetes Companies- Hanmi Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi, Eli lily and Company, AstraZeneca, NovoNordisk, Noxxon Pharma AG, Oramed Pharmaceuticals, Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Daiichi Sankyo Company, Halozyme Therapeutics, Saniona, Novartis, Pfizer, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Mylan, Nordic Bioscience A/S, KeyBioscience AG, Adocia, Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine, Bristol myers Suibb, Phenomix, Forest Laboratories, ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Hanmi Pharmaceuticals, Cytogel, Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Arthritis Innovation Corporation, Astellas Pharma, IItoo Pharma, Medspace Inc., Oramed Ltd., Flexion Therapeutics, Integrium, AbbVie, and others.
- Type 2 Diabetes Therapies- Sotagliflozin, ORMD0801, LY3209590, HM12460A, HM14220, and others
Table of content
- Executive Summary
- Type 2 Diabetes mellitus: Overview
- Pipeline Therapeutics
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Type 2 Diabetes mellitus – DelveInsight’s Analytical Perspective
- Late Stage Products (Phase III)
- Sotagliflozin: Lexicon Pharmaceuticals
- Mid Stage Products (Phase II)
- LY3209590: Eli lily and Company
- Early Stage Products (Phase I)
- HM12460A: Hanmi Pharmaceuticals
- Preclinical and Discovery Stage Products
- HM14220: Hanmi Pharmaceuticals
- Inactive Products
- Type 2 Diabetes mellitus- Key Companies
- Type 2 Diabetes mellitus- Key Products
- Type 2 Diabetes mellitus – Unmet Needs
- Type 2 Diabetes mellitus – Market Drivers and Barriers
- Type 2 Diabetes mellitus – Future Perspectives and Conclusion
- Type 2 Diabetes mellitus Analyst Views
- Type 2 Diabetes mellitus Key Companies
Dive deep into rich insights for drugs for Type 2 Diabetes treatment, visit @ New Drug for Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for the healthcare domain and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Yash Bhardwaj
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States