How to Deal With The Problem Of Degumming And Bursting Of Industrial Casters?
As you use industrial casters, they will eventually degum and burst. It’s very important to ensure that you understand what leads to this problem and how you can tackle it properly. There are times when you can have industrial casters which aren’t meeting the load bearing travel requirements. If the equipment is dealing with a lot of use, then you can have the industrial casters bursting or degumming. In general, when the industrial casters are pushed, that requires a load bearing test before they leave the factory. The main focus is to ensure that the product quality is as expected and if there are issues, then boosting the overall strength is extremely important and certainly a thing to take into consideration.
Testing industrial caster wear resistance under load
● The purpose of the test is to ensure that the casters have great wear resistance and durability, and to see if they meet the production quality.
● Ambient temperature tests are necessary to see how the industrial casters work in a natural environment.
● The testing equipment is a multi-function caster testing machine.
● Then we have the walking obstacle height, you have a soft wheel which is around 3% of the wheel diameter, the walking direction and obstacle are at a 45-degree angle, with the obstacles being placed in an alternate manner.
● Once an injection molding round is complete, then the industrial caster is cooled and the bracket gets riveted, with the final product being assembled
● The tread hardness: TPU (85A-100A), TPE/TPR (65A-90A)
● Test standards are usually made based on the standard requirements of the customer.
● Products are sampled randomly and they are loaded with 1.2 the regular capacity, and they are walked for 5 hours without stopping. The next test will see the same capacity, but the walking time is 8 hours. The focus is on seeing if there are any wear, spalling or cracks, signs of damage or deformation.
● There can be some jamming or looseness, these are also things to focus on.
Having an industrial caster load bearing test is a great idea because you can easily detect the overall performance and defects of a caster. You will be able to see the overall caster material quality and also see if any recycled materials that were used bring in any problems. These tests are meant to show any issues, like bad temperature resistance, transparency or elasticity, among many others. All the factors that can lead to possible problems are studied and everything is strengthened in an appropriate manner.
Another thing to note when it comes to caster inspection is that every client needs to stay away from any irregular operations. Here’s how you can lower the cracking, wear and debonding:
● Check the maximum load in the instruction manual, as overloading leads to accidents
● Use a wrench to tighten screws properly when you install any casters
● Avoid using a hammer to hit the brake pad when you want to release the brake
● Always ensure that you avoid forcing brakes so they can stop under the casters.
● Avoid using casters in locations where temperature and humidity levels are very high
● Stay away from using these in water, oil, salt, alkali or acid environments.
● Make sure that you prevent using in towing operations for a long time.
● Stay away from using on the ground if there’s a height difference.