Black Alpha iQ speakers in a home environment.
Toronto, Canada – DECEMBER 6, 2022 – PSB Speakers, makers of award-winning, high-fidelity loudspeakers since 1972, announces the broad retail availability of the Alpha iQ, Streaming Powered Speakers with BluOS™, the brand’s first pair of wireless streaming bookshelf speakers that integrate control, source and amplification. The Alpha iQ in black and white finishes, are now shipping and can be ordered on PSBSpeakers.com or participating retail locations for US$1,499 / GBP£1,299 / EUR€1,699 / CDN$2,199. Pre-orders will now be shipped.
Key Highlights of the Alpha iQ
• 4″ polypropylene mid-bass driver with steel basket and rubber surround
• 0.75″ aluminum dome tweeter with neodymium magnet and ferrofluid cooling
• Fully active design, with DSP crossover and dedicated amplifiers for each driver: 60W for each woofer and 30W for each tweeter
• Tuned port and DSP-enabled bass extension for excellent LF performance
• Low-latency wireless connection between the primary and secondary speakers for tangle-free installation
• Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connectivity
• Built-in network streamer based on the award-winning BluOS multi-room music platform
• Integrated support for more than 20 streaming services, including several that offer lossless and high-resolution audio
• Music can be played through as many as 63 additional BluOS-enabled components
• Audiophile-grade DAC with maximum resolution of 24-bit/192kHz
• MQA decoding and rendering capability for high-res streaming from Tidal
• Apple AirPlay 2 support for streaming from iPhones, iPads, and Macs
• Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect
• MM phono, HDMI eARC, optical, and auxiliary inputs
• USB port for connecting an external drive containing music files
• Subwoofer output with DSP-enabled low-pass and high-pass filters
• Support for Control4, Crestron, ELAN, RTI, and URC home-control systems
• Support for Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple Siri voice control
• IR learning capability for operating the Alpha iQ with harmonized remotes
About PSB Speakers
Since 1972, Founder and Chief Designer, Paul Barton, has been cementing his legacy as an expert in designing and building high-fidelity speakers that incorporate scientific principles in psychoacoustics. 50 years later and now a strategic part of Lenbrook International’s global portfolio, PSB Speakers’ products are sold in more than 70 markets where the brand sets the standard for “True to Nature” sound and is critically acclaimed for its value-driven and non-fatiguing speaker design. With an expansive suite of products that include audiophile speakers, ANC headphones, powerful and musical subwoofers, and a family of installed speaker solutions, PSB Speakers is designed and built to bring life to recorded music at world class levels.