The Diabetic Macular Edema Market is anticipated to grow in the coming years owing to the growing awareness, improved management, and better outcomes with emerging therapies. Moreover, the increase in the diabetic population, a rise in the number of healthcare expenditures, and lifestyle changes are also anticipated to stimulate market growth in the coming years.
DelveInsight’s “Diabetic Macular Edema Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast 2032” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the Diabetic Macular Edema market size, share, trends, and growth opportunities in the seven major markets (7MM) (i.e., the United States, EU4 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France), the United Kingdom and Japan).
The Diabetic Macular Edema market report covers emerging drugs, current treatment practices, market share of individual therapies, and current & forecasted market size from 2019 to 2032. It also evaluates the current treatment practice/algorithm, key drivers & barriers impacting the market growth, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assess the underlying potential of the market.
Diabetic Macular Edema: An Overview
Diabetic Macular Edema (DME) is triggered by diabetic retinopathy (DR), a well-known complication of diabetes. DR is the most prevalent diabetic eye disease and the leading cause of irreversible blindness in people in their working years in developed and other developing countries. Common signs and symptoms include dark spots like a smudge on glasses or gaps that may appear in the vision, blurred vision, double vision, colors can fade, or the affected person may find bright light or glare difficult.
All people with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes are at risk for DR and Diabetic Macular Edema. The risk of developing DR or DME increases significantly the longer a person has diabetes. The American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) estimates that nearly 80% of patients with Type 1 diabetes will have developed DR after living with diabetes for 15 years. There are 50% chance that patients with Type 2 diabetes will develop DR after living with diabetes for around 20 years.
Diabetic Macular Edema Market Key Facts
- In the 7MM, the total treated cases of Diabetic Macular Edema in first-line were nearly 440,000+ cases in 2021. As per the analysis, these cases are expected to reach 520,000+ by 2032.
- In 2021, the total prevalent cases of Diabetic Macular Edema were the highest in the US, with more than 1 million cases, and lowest in France, with 60,000+ cases.
- Among EU4 and the UK, Germany had the highest number of prevalent cases of Diabetic Macular Edema (approximately 220,000+ cases) in 2021.
- Germany accounted for 100,000+ diagnosed prevalent cases in 2021, which is expected to increase to approximately 103,500+ cases by the year 2032.
- The market size is expected to increase during the forecast period (2019‒2032), owing to the launch of upcoming therapies. The United States is the largest market, with an estimated size of around USD 1.7 billion in 2021.
- Among the studied geographies, the US accounted for ~60% of the overall market size of Diabetic Macular Edema in 2021.
- In January 2022, the United States Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) approved Roche’s VABYSMO for treating Diabetic Macular Edema and neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration.
- In June 2022, Novartis announced the approval of BEOVU (brolucizumab) for the treatment of Diabetic Macular Edema.
The market outlook section of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historical, current, and forecasted Diabetic Macular Edema market size by analyzing the impact of current and emerging pipeline therapies. It also provides a thorough assessment of the market drivers & barriers, unmet needs, and emerging technologies set to impact the market dynamics.
The report gives complete detail of the Diabetic Macular Edema market trend for each marketed drug and mid & late-stage pipeline therapies by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, their Mechanism of Action (MOA), Route of Administration (ROA), molecule types, competition with other therapies, brand value, and their impact on the market.
Diabetic Macular Edema Epidemiology Assessment
The epidemiology section provides insights into the historical, current, and forecasted epidemiology trends in the seven major countries (7MM) from 2019 to 2032. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted epidemiology trends by exploring numerous studies and research. The epidemiology section also provides a detailed analysis of diagnosed and prevalent patient pool, future trends, and views of key opinion leaders.
The Report Covers the Diabetic Macular Edema (DME) Epidemiology, Segmented by –
- Total Prevalent Cases of Diabetic Macular Edema in the 7MM (2019–2032)
- Gender-specific Diagnosed Cases of Diabetic Macular Edema in the 7MM (2019–2032)
- Total Diagnosed Cases of Diabetic Macular Edema in the 7MM (2019–2032)
- Age-Specific Diagnosed Cases of Diabetic Macular Edema in the 7MM (2019–2032)
- Treated cases of Diabetic Macular Edema in the 7MM (2019–2032)
- Subgroup-specific Diagnosed Cases of Diabetic Macular Edema in the 7MM (2019–2032)
Diabetic Macular Edema Drugs Uptake and Pipeline Development Activities
The drug uptake section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the Diabetic Macular Edema market or expected to be launched during the study period. The analysis covers the Diabetic Macular Edema market uptake by drugs, patient uptake by therapies, and sales of each drug. Moreover, the therapeutics assessment section helps understand the drugs with the most rapid uptake and the reasons behind the maximal use of the drugs. Additionally, it compares the drugs based on market share.
The report also covers the Diabetic Macular Edema pipeline development activities. It provides valuable insights about different therapeutic candidates in various stages and the key companies involved in developing targeted therapeutics. It also analyses recent developments such as collaborations, acquisitions, mergers, licensing patent details, and other information for emerging therapies.
Learn How the Diabetic Macular Edema Market Will Evolve and Grow by 2032 @
Diabetic Macular Edema Therapeutics Analysis
The Leading Companies in the Diabetic Macular Edema Therapeutic Market Include:
- Adverum Biotechnologies
- Graybug Vision
- KalVista Pharmaceuticals
- Ocuphire Pharma
- YD Life Science
- Allergan (AbbVie)
- Molecular Partners
- Allergo Opthalmics/ Bausch Health
- Kodiak Sciences
- Clearside Biomedical
And Many Others
Diabetic Macular Edema Therapies Covered in the Report Include:
- Faricimab: Roche
- KSI-301: Kodiak Sciences
- ADVM022: Adverum Biotechnologies
- APX3330: Ocuphire Pharma
- THR-149: Oxurion
- UBX1325: Unity Biotechnology
And Many Others
The Report Covers the In-depth Assessment of the Emerging Drugs & Key Companies. Download the Sample Report to Learn More @
Table of Content (TOC)
1. Key Insights
2. Executive Summary
3. Diabetic Macular Edema Competitive Intelligence Analysis
4. Diabetic Macular Edema Market Overview at a Glance
5. Diabetic Macular Edema Disease Background and Overview
6. Diabetic Macular Edema Patient Journey
7. Diabetic Macular Edema Epidemiology and Patient Population (In the US, EU5, and Japan)
8. Diabetic Macular Edema Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
9. Diabetic Macular Edema Unmet Needs
10. Key Endpoints of Diabetic Macular Edema Treatment
11. Diabetic Macular Edema Marketed Products
12. Diabetic Macular Edema Emerging Drugs and Latest Therapeutic Advances
13. Diabetic Macular Edema Seven Major Market Analysis
14. Attribute Analysis
15. Diabetic Macular Edema Market Outlook (In US, EU5, and Japan)
16. Diabetic Macular Edema Access and Reimbursement Overview
17. KOL Views on the Diabetic Macular Edema Market
18. Diabetic Macular Edema Market Drivers
19. Diabetic Macular Edema Market Barriers
21. DelveInsight Capabilities
*The Table of Contents (TOC) is not exhaustive; the final content may vary. Refer to the sample report for the complete table of contents.
Download the Sample PDF to Learn More About the Key Offerings of the Report @
Other Trending Healthcare Reports By DelveInsight
The “Diabetic Macular Edema (DME) Pipeline Insights, 2023” report by DelveInsight, outlays comprehensive insights into the present clinical development scenario and growth prospects across the Diabetic Macular Edema (DME) market.
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Shruti Thakur
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States