United States, Nevada, Las Vegas, DelveInsight’s ‘Schizophrenia Pipeline Insight 2023‘ report provides comprehensive global coverage of available, marketed, and pipeline Schizophrenia therapies in various stages of clinical development, major pharmaceutical companies are working to advance the pipeline space and future growth potential of the Schizophrenia pipeline domain.
Key Takeaways from the Schizophrenia Pipeline Report
- Over 70+ Schizophrenia pipeline therapies are in various stages of development, and their anticipated acceptance in the Schizophrenia market would significantly increase market revenue.
- Leading Schizophrenia companies developing novel drug candidates to improve the Schizophrenia treatment landscape include Otsuka Pharmaceutical, Takeda, Cyclerion Therapeutics, Avanir Pharmaceuticals, and others.
- Promising Schizophrenia pipeline therapies in various stages of development include Ulotaront, Luvadaxistat, CY6463, AVP 786, and others.
Schizophrenia causes psychosis and is associated with considerable disability and may affect all areas of life including personal, family, social, educational, and occupational functioning. It is thought that an interaction between genes and a range of environmental factors may cause schizophrenia. Psychosocial factors may also affect the onset and course of schizophrenia. Heavy use of cannabis is associated with an elevated risk of the disorder. Schizophrenia is characterized by significant impairments in the way reality is perceived and changes in behaviour related to: Persistent delusions, persistent hallucinations, experiences of influence, control or passivity, disorganized thinking, highly disorganized behavior, “negative symptoms” such as very limited speech, extreme agitation or slowing of movements etc. diagnosis of schizophrenia is reached through an assessment of patient-specific signs and symptoms like delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech, grossly disorganized or catatonic behavior, and negative symptoms. Treatment is usually lifelong and often involves a combination of medications, psychotherapy and coordinated speciality care services.
Schizophrenia Pipeline Analysis: Drug Profile
Ulotaront: Otsuka Pharmaceutical
Ulotaront (SEP-363856), one of the first of a new class of CNS-active compounds, is an agonist at trace amine-associated receptor 1 (TAAR1) as well as serotonin 5-HT1A receptors. TAAR1 is a G-protein-coupled receptor expressed in cortical, limbic, and midbrain monoaminergic regions that modulate dopaminergic, serotonergic, and glutamatergic activity. In contrast to first- and second-generation antipsychotics, the efficacy of ulotaront is not mediated by blockade of D2 or 5-HT2A receptors. Ulotaront has demonstrated positive effects in rodent models assessing endophenotypes of schizophrenia, including phencyclidine (PCP)-induced hyperactivity, prepulse inhibition, and PCP-induced deficits in social interaction and cognition. An Open-label Extension Study to Assess the Safety and Tolerability of SEP-363856 in Subjects with Schizophrenia. It’s currently in phase III stage of development.
Discover more about the emerging Schizophrenia drugs @ Schizophrenia Treatment Drugs
Schizophrenia Key Companies
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical
- Cyclerion Therapeutics
- Avanir Pharmaceuticals
Schizophrenia Pipeline Therapies
- AVP 786
Schizophrenia Pipeline Therapeutics Assessment
- By development stage
- By product type
- By route of administration
- By molecule type
- By MOA type
Scope of the Schizophrenia Pipeline Report
- Coverage: Global
- Key Schizophrenia Companies: Otsuka Pharmaceutical, Takeda, Cyclerion Therapeutics, Avanir Pharmaceuticals, and others
- Key Schizophrenia Pipeline Therapies: Ulotaront, Luvadaxistat, CY6463, AVP 786, and others
Find out more about the Schizophrenia treatment options in development @ Schizophrenia Clinical Trials
Table of Contents
2. Executive Summary
4. Pipeline Therapeutics
5. Late-Stage Products (Phase III)
6. Mid-Stage Products (Phase II)
7. Early Stage Products (Phase I/II)
8. Preclinical Stage Products
9. Discovery Stage Products
10. Therapeutic Assessment
11. Inactive Products
12. Collaborations Assessment- Licensing / Partnering / Funding
13. Unmet Needs
14. Market Drivers and Barriers
16. About DelveInsight
Request for a sample report to know more about the leading companies in the Schizophrenia pipeline domain.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Kritika Rehani
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States