The global market for lysine is expected to reach USD 6.96 billion by 2020. Positive outlook on animal feed demand to cater to growing meat consumption, especially in emerging markets of Latin America and Asia Pacific is expected to be a key market driver. Limited availability of major feedstock is expected to hamper the market growth over the forecast period.
Browse full research report with TOC at:
Animal feed emerged as the largest application segment for lysine and accounted for 92.4% of total market volume in 2013. Along with being the largest market, animal feed is also expected to be the fastest growing application segment for lysine at an estimated CAGR of 6.2% from 2014 to 2020.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The global lysine was 1,902.3 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 2,854.9 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 6.0% from 2014 to 2020.
- Swine emerged as the leading livestock for lysine and accounted for about 58% of total market volume in 2013. Swine is also expected to be the fastest growing livestock for lysine, at an estimated CAGR of 6.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- China was the largest consumer for lysine and accounted for 31.2% total volume consumed in 2013. In terms of consumption, China was followed by Europe and North America. China along with being the largest market is also expected to be one of the fastest growing markets for lysine at an estimated CAGR of 7% from 2014 to 2020.
- The lysine market is highly concentrated with top 4 manufacturers namely Global Bio-Chem Tech, Ajinomoto Ltd., Cheil Jedang Corp. and Archer Daniel Midland (ADM) capturing over 60% of the market in terms of production capacity.
Global Lysine Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Animal Feed
- Food & Dietary Supplements
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights:
Global Lysine Livestock Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Others (aquaculture, cattle)
Lysine Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Related Reports By Radiant Insights:
- China Pasteurised Milk Market:
- China Yogurt Market:
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, visit http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States