The global market for gas sensors is expected to reach USD 2,512.4 million by 2020. Regulatory initiatives, in developed markets of North America and Europe, in order to boost occupational health and safety are expected to drive the market over the forecast period. Additionally, growing demand from end-use industries is expected to positively impact global market prospects.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Gas Sensors Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020” at:
Positive outlook on demand for smart and wireless gas sensors can primarily be attributed to their effectiveness in detecting toxic gases in hazardous environmental conditions. Regulations for safety put forth by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Health and Safety at Work Act (HSWA) have been critical in enhancing market penetration across numerous industries in recent times. The use of hydrogen as an alternative fuel in hybrid vehicles is also expected to be a considerable opportunity for industry participants in the coming years.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) sensors accounted for 26.8% of the overall market share in 2012. However, reducing carbon emissions, and the use of alternatives such as shale gas for power generation are expected to limit the CO2 sensors market from reaching its full potential. Nitrogen oxide (NOx) sensors are expected to be the fastest growing product segment, with an estimated CAGR of 6.2% from 2014 to 2020. NOx sensors cost significantly higher as compared to other products, and are mainly used for exhaust gas emission detection in automotives.
- Electrochemical technology accounted for 19.3% of the market in 2012, and is expected to dominate global demand over the next six years. Sensors employing electrochemical gas sensing technology are capable of detecting multiple gases; in addition, they are reliable and cost effective in nature. Infrared gas sensing technology is expected to register the fastest growth of 5.7% from 2014 to 2020. It helps measure volatile organic compounds (VOC), methane, carbon dioxide, etc., and the absence of a chemical reaction ensures longer life span.
- Gas sensors employed for industrial purposes accounted for around 20% of the overall market in 2012, and are further expected to remain the largest market segment over the forecast period. The medical segment is also estimated to be a high growth avenue, and involves monitoring oxygen concentration in incubators as well as ventilators. It is expected to grow faster than the global average, at a CAGR of 5.2% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest regional market by 2020, spurred by enhancements in sensor technology, and growing demand for handheld sensors and devices. It is also estimated to be the fastest growing region, at a CAGR of 6.0% from 2014 to 2020. Gas sensors are largely used in the automotive sector; therefore, growing automotive production and demand is expected to give impetus to the industry.
- Major industry participants follow development and innovation led strategies to strengthen their foothold in the ecosystem. R&D activities for boosting technological enhancement are also implemented to drive competitive advantage. Companies operating in the market include Honeywell-owned City Technology Ltd., Membrapor AG, Alphasense, Figaro Engineering, and Dynament Ltd. among others.
Gas Sensors Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Oxygen/Lambda Sensors
- Carbon Dioxide Sensors
- Carbon Monoxide Sensors
- NOx Sensors
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights:
Gas Sensors Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Solid State/MOS
- Infrared (IR)
Gas Sensors End-Use Industry Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Building Automation & Domestic Appliances
Gas Sensors Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related Reports By Radiant Insights:
Global Binders Excipients Market:
Global Advanced Polymer Composites Market:
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, visit http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States