GBI Research, a leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research report, “Ovarian Cancer Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Markets to 2020 • Off-patent Chemo-regimens to Retain Dominance Despite New Launches”. The report provides estimates of the market size for 2013, along with forecasts until 2020 for the Asia-Pacific markets of India, China, Australia and Japan. It also covers disease epidemiology, treatment algorithms, treatment patterns, in-depth analysis of clinical trials including failure rates and pipeline analysis, and analysis of deals relevant to Ovarian Cancer (OC).
Platinum-based chemotherapy, predominantly the chemotherapy regimen paclitaxel and carboplatin, is the standard of care for the treatment of platinum-sensitive OC (both first-line and recurrent). The initial treatment is quite effective, with the majority of patients entering remission. However, almost all relapse, and after successive periods of remission and relapse either die or progress to platinum-resistant disease, for which the prognosis is poor. There is a clear gap in the market for maintenance therapies, as well as for more effective treatment options in platinum-resistant or refractory patients.
Although the current developmental pipeline is quite crowded, efficacy with these late-stage drugs has been poor, at best demonstrating minimal improvements in progression-free survival, but not overall survival. The promising investigational drug candidates olaparib and trebananib are expected to gain approval during the forecast period. However, even on approval they are not expected to have a high market penetration, owing to their minimal therapeutic efficacy and anticipated premium prices. As a result, the OC market in APAC is expected not be driven by new drug approvals, but primarily by inflation, and the increase in the prevalence of OC. Market revenue is forecast to rise at a limited CAGR of 5.1% to $417.6m in 2020.
Despite the poor clinical performance of current late-stage pipeline drugs, there is evidence of continued interest in the OC market, with a high number of drug candidates in the initial developmental pipeline, particularly at the Preclinical phase. There is a wide range of novel molecular targets distributed among these drug candidates, including growth factors, serine/threonine protein kinases and tumor associated antigens. This suggests a continued interest in introducing more targeted therapies into the treatment of OC, the use of which in this indication lags significantly behind that in others in oncology.
The report analyzes treatment usage patterns, drug types available and pipeline and market forecasts for OC. It covers and includes:
• A brief introduction to OC, including the disease’s pathogenesis, risk factors and diagnosis
• In-depth analysis of the drug combinations used in the treatment of OC, including analyses of their safety, efficacy, and place in the disease treatment algorithm, as well as a heat map comparing the drug combinations in terms of safety and efficacy
• A comprehensive review of the pipeline for OC therapies, including individual analysis of a number of late-stage pipeline drugs that have the potential to enter the market in the forecast period; the pipeline is analyzed on the basis of phase distribution, molecule type and molecular target, and route of administration
• Additional in-depth analysis of pipeline drug clinical trials by phase, molecule type, trial size, and trial duration, and program failure rate analyses for each molecule type and mechanism of action
• Multi-scenario forecast market data to 2020, taking into account how it will be affected by the introduction of new drugs, the expiry of key patents on current drugs, and the changes in disease epidemiology across the APAC markets
• Discussion of the drivers and barriers for market growth
• In-depth analysis of licensing and co-development deals involving drugs indicated in OC, including an outline of the key deals
Browse All Reports of This Category at:
Reasons to buy
The report will assist business development and enable marketing executives to strategize their product launches, by allowing them to:
• Understand the efficacy and safety of the current monotherapies and drug combinations used in the treatment of OC, with in-depth analysis of the disease treatment algorithm
• Understand the key signaling pathways and molecular targets currently under investigation in OC drug development
• Understand the vast scope of the pipeline, including which molecule types and mechanisms of action are prominent
• Observe the trends in clinical trial duration and size among clinical phases and molecule types, and use the clinical trial failure rate analysis to assess the risk profiles of current and/or future developmental programs for OC therapeutics
• Assess the potential clinical and commercial impact of current late-stage pipeline molecules in the OC therapeutics market
Latest Report by Acute Market Reports
Psoriasis Therapeutics Market To 2021: Acute Market Reports
In 2014, the value of the psoriasis therapeutics market in APAC amounted to an estimated $690m, and it is forecast to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.4% between 2014 and 2021 to reach $1.2 billion. The psoriasis treatment landscape is a particularly complex one. More than 80% of patients fall into the mild-or-moderate category, for which the first line of treatment is topical drugs, phototherapy, or a combination. In the case of severe patients, non-steroidal drugs such as methotrexate, cyclosporine, and acitretin are practiced as first-line treatment; however, they come with toxicity concerns and so cannot be prescribed for long durations. Biologics such as TNF inhibitors (adalimumab, etanercept, infliximab) and ustekinumab are largely prescribed as second-line therapy when none of the aforementioned options provide the desired results. However, during the forecast period, biologics are likely gain a significant patient share due to healthcare plans in APAC and awareness regarding the effectiveness of biologics. Among the recently launched biologics, Cosentyx (secukinumab) from Novartis has shown better efficacy than Enbrel (etanercept), and is a novel molecule that targets Interluekin-17 (IL-7). Biocon India has launched Alzumab (itolizumab), which is a first-in-class novel molecule that targets CD6 protein. It is anticipated to be the leading biologic in India by the end of forecast period. Humira (adalimumab), Enbrel (etanercept), and Remicade (infliximab) are expected to lose their patent during the forecast period, but will be compensated for by biosimilar versions.
Browse Full Report With TOC at:
Rheumatoid Arthritis Therapeutics Market To 2021: Acute Market Reports
The value of the RA market in the APAC region amounted to an estimated $5.6 billion in 2014 and is expected to register a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 3.3% to reach $6.9 billion by 2021. The key drivers for growth in the APAC market include: the increasing prevalent population and the anticipated market launch of promising pipeline candidates. The late-stage pipeline which has a potential to stimulate growth during the forecast period include interleukin (IL)-6 inhibitors Sanofi/Regeneron’s sarilumab, Johnson & Johnson/GlaxoSmithKline’s [J&J/GSK’s] sirukumab, small molecules (four janus kinase [JAK] inhibitors: Eli Lilly/Incyte’s baricitinib, Loss of patent exclusitivity of major second-line biologic anti-TNF during such as Enbrel, Remicade and Humira by the end of the forecast period is the major barrier for growth in the RA market size in the APAC markets. Preference for less expensive alternatives to branded medicines, such as biosimilars and other alternate therapies is another major barrier in cost-conscious APAC markets, India and China.
Browse Full Report With TOC at:
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is the most sufficient collection of market intelligence services online. Acute Market Reports provide online reports from over 100 best publishers and upgrade Acute Market Reports collection regularly to offer direct online access to the world’s most comprehensive and recent database with expert perceptions on worldwide industries, products, establishments and trends. Acute Market Reports database consists of 200,000+ market research reports with detailed & minute market research.
For More Information, Visit Acute Market Reports
Company Name: Acute Market Reports
Contact Person: Chris Paul
Address:Office No 01, 1st Floor, Aditi Mall, Baner