The global transcatheter valve market is anticipated to reach a value of USD 8.62 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is currently under-penetrated as these products are approved only for geriatric patients who cannot undergo normal valve surgeries. Growth drivers such as increasing prevalence of chronic cardiovascular diseases, increasing economic development, improvement in reimbursement scenario, and faster adoption of new technologies are expected to significantly improve the usage rates over the forecast period.
Complete Report Available @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/transcatheter-valve-market
The transcatheter valve market is evolving rapidly due to the continuous investments in R&D by the key market players such as Edwards Life Sciences, Medtronic, St. Jude, and Boston Scientific. The technologically advanced products such as the SAPIEN 3 transcatheter heart valve and the TRINITY Valve are designed to reduce the surgical complications and improve patient compliance. For instance, the TRINITY TAVI system enables easy retrieval and repositioning of the device, without compromising on patient safety and treatment outcomes.
Furthermore, the market is expected to experience strong tailwinds on account of growing investor interest, lucrative product pipeline, faster regulatory approvals, and high competition to acquire potential start-ups. For example, some of the notable investments in the market include the USD 37 million funding of Venus MedTech by Goldman Sachs. In line with the market trends, the other market participants such as Boston Scientific, Edward Life Sciences, and Medtronic have also increased their investments to develop new products for management of mitral valve regurgitation and tricuspid valve replacements.
Browse Other Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/medical-devices
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Aortic stenosis is the most prevalent valve disease, and if untreated it can lead to death. In 2015, transcatheter aortic valve segment accounted for the maximum revenue of over USD 1.6 billion and is expected to retain its dominant share over the forecast period.
- However, the transcatheter mitral valve segment is expected to emerge as the fastest growing with a CAGR of 23% over the forecast period. Increasing number of elderly patients with mitral regurgitation and growing demand for technologically advanced transcatheter valve devices are expected to drive the usage of transcatheter mitral valves over the forecast period.
- In 2015, the self-expanded transcatheter accounted for the largest market share of 65%. These catheters are most commonly used and, currently, most of the products that are available in the market are based on this technology. However, balloon expanded transcatheters are expected to have the fastest CAGR of 16.8% over the forecast period.
- North America held the maximum share of nearly49% in 2015. A combination of different factors such as the presence of large target population, high disposable income, strong reimbursement framework, contribute toward the high revenue generated in this region.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to register the fastest CAGR of 17.8% over the forecast period. Increasing disease burden, improvement in clinical trial regulations, growing preference for advanced medical technologies, increase in medical tourism, and special incentives for investments in healthcare sector are expected to strongly favor the growth in this region.
- Some key market players Boston Scientific Corporation, Bracco Group, Braile Biomedica, Direct Flow Medical, Edwards Lifesciences, JenaValve, St. Jude Medical, Symetis. ValveXchange, Edwards Lifesciences, and Medtronic are the early movers in this market have captured significant market share in the North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- HUD Market for Civil Aviation –
- IC Packaging Market –
- Instrument Transformers Market –
About Radiant Insight
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic dxecision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy. Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States