The Philippines is home to a relatively small affluent population, and the country’s financial services sector is somewhat unsophisticated relative to many of its ASEAN-6 neighbors and other developed nations. Retail participation in the equities and mutual fund markets is very low, with the bond market traditionally more popular but the majority of allocations still held in deposits.
However, very strong economic performance over recent years and a new government committed to shaking off the image of the Philippines as the ‘sick man of Asia’ bodes well for the future of its financial services sector and the population’s financial literacy. Local wealth managers may not currently have a particularly large lucrative target market onshore, but this segment will grow significantly and wealth managers need to be ready to capitalize on the opportunity.
The report “Wealth in the Philippines: Sizing the Market Opportunity; Sizing the wealth market in one of Asia’s fastest growing economies” is available now at http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/wealth-in-the-philippines-sizing-the-market
– At the end of 2015, 1.12% of the Philippines’ adult population was considered affluent, and this segment is forecast to grow by 50% over the next five years. The HNW segment accounts for 0.03% of the population, but holds over a third of the country’s liquid wealth.
– The Philippines’ retail investments market has doubled over the last five years, and Verdict Financial forecasts a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.2% to 2020 – adding $78.26bn in assets.
– The vast majority of HNW assets – 97.5% – are allocated to traditional liquid assets. Of the 2.5% held in illiquid assets, 95% is allocated to property (mostly direct property holdings).
– HNW Filipinos hold 12.8% of their total liquid assets offshore – a relatively small proportion in comparison to their neighbors in Indonesia, Singapore, and Hong Kong, where HNW investors offshore a third or more of their wealth.
Browse All Reports of This Category @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/financial-services
Wealth in the Philippines: Sizing the Market Opportunity analyzes the Filipino wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
Specifically the report:
– Sizes the affluent market (both by the number of individuals and value of their liquid assets) using Verdict Financial’s proprietary datasets.
– Analyzes which asset classes are favored by Filipino retail investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the total savings and investments market.
– Examines HNW clients’ attitudes towards non-liquid investments, such as hedge funds, property, and commodities.
– Identifies key drivers and booking centers for offshore investments by Filipino HNW clients.
Request a Free Sample Copy of this Report @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/wealth-in-the-philippines-sizing-the-market/request-sample
Reasons to Buy
– Benchmark your share of the Filipino wealth market against the current market size.
– Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2020.
– Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing the penetration of affluent individuals in the Philippines
– Both at country and regional level.
– Evaluate your HNW proposition by understanding how regulation is affecting your HNW clients.
– Review your offshore strategy by learning about HNW motivations for offshore investments and their preferred booking centers.
Read more related reports by Radiant Insights:
• Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics Market
Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in New Zealand, 2015-2020 provides data for historic and forecast online retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risks related to online retail environment.
• UK Pet Insurance Market
The UK pet insurance market witnessed strong growth in 2015, with some of the market’s key insurers launching new products and expanding their distribution arrangements.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States