Antibacterial Glass Market size will grow from USD 160 million in 2015 to over USD 270 million in 2023, as reported by the latest study by Global Market Insights, Inc. Growing prevalence of nosocomial infections or Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs) will drive the global antibacterial glass market over the next few years.
Growing popularity of antimicrobial/antifouling coatings coupled with technological innovation will drive industry demand on a global level. Silver, with more than USD 148 million in revenue for 2015, is expected to remain the preferred active ingredient due to its low toxicity to humans and antifouling nature.
Request for sample of this report @ https://www.gminsights.com/request-sample/detail/444
Other active ingredients include powder coatings of materials such as copper, zeolite, silicon, and titanium. Copper is slowly becoming the material of choice and dominating the other powder coatings market to a large extent and is looked at a key substitute for silver.
Hospitals continued to dominate antibacterial glass market share in 2015, with more than USD 68 million in revenue; isolation rooms, burn units, hematology and oncology units are key application areas. Antibacterial glass provides an architectural solution to these ailments and can be used in furniture, partitions, and intensive care units among others. This segment is expected to grow significantly over the forecast time-scale. Companies looking to venture into the market have been targeting hospitals as the preferred end-use industry due to the high expected demand for antibacterial glass in this sector.
Flat glass used for antibacterial glass production is made from float glass, which requires silicon dioxide (sand), sodium carbonate (soda), calcium carbonate (limestone), and other additives. While AGC’s process involves infusion of silver ions into the glass, companies such as Nippon Sheet Glass (NSG) use a combination of coatings to reduce viral contamination.
Apart from high technology markets of the U.S. and the European Union, awareness levels in large consumer markets of China, India, Brazil and other developing countries is significantly lower. This has emerged as one of the key challenges for market participants in recent times.
There are high entry barriers to the industry, which can be attributed to infrastructure and capital investments needed for participants to manufacture on a commercial scale. Existing suppliers have been trying to establish themselves on a broader level, and have float tanks and production sites across the globe.
To access sample pages or view this report titled, “Antibacterial Glass Market Size By Application (Hospitals, Food & Beverage, Military Equipment, Household/Residential), By Active Ingredient (Silver), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook, Application Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2016 – 2023” in detail along with the table of contents, please click on the link below:
Key insights from the report include:
- Global antibacterial glass market will grow at 6.9% CAGR, and looks poised to exceed USD 270 million by 2023.
- Silver antimicrobial glass is forecast to see revenue exceeding USD 253 million by 2023, which would be more than 93% of the global earnings at that time.
- Food & beverage applications will continue to be attractive, with growth forecast at 7.1% CAGR from 2016 to 2023. These products facilitate storage for a prolonged period of time by suppressing the propagation of bacteria and other microorganisms in glass containers. Besides being used for storage, these are also used in restaurants, canteens, food show cases.
- In military settings, where equipment needs to be kept sterile and sanitary despite volatile working conditions, antibacterial glass and coatings have been gaining importance. Electronics, automotive, construction, and personal care are among the emerging applications for this industry.
- Europe antibacterial glass market size was USD 97.5 million in 2015. The region is heavily regulated, with standards such as EN 13697, EN 1276, and EN 1650 in place to evaluate the bactericidal and fungicidal properties of chemical disinfectants used in the food industry.
- Global antibacterial glass market share is dominated by a few suppliers such as AGC Glass Europe, Saint-Gobain, Nippon Sheet Glass, etc. AGC is integrated across the value chain, and provides an end-to-end solution, from glass production to distribution.
Make an inquiry for purchasing this report @ https://www.gminsights.com/inquiry-before-buying/444
Global Market Insights has segmented the antibacterial glass industry on the basis of ingredient, application and region:
- Antibacterial Glass Market Ingredient Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2023)
- Antibacterial Glass Market Application Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2023)
- Food and Beverage
- Military Equipment
- Antibacterial Glass Market Regional Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2023)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Browse Related Report
- Carbon Nanotubes Market Size By Product (Single Wall Carbon Nanotubes [SWCNT], Multi Wall Carbon Nanotubes [MWCNT]), By Application (Polymers, Energy, Electrical & Electronics), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Italy, China, India, Japan, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, GCC), Growth Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2016 – 2024
About Global Market Insights
Global Market Insights, Inc., headquartered in Delaware, U.S., is a global market research and consulting service provider; offering syndicated and custom research reports along with growth consulting services. Our business intelligence and industry research reports offer clients with penetrative insights and actionable market data specially designed and presented to aid strategic decision making. These exhaustive reports are designed via a proprietary research methodology and are available for key industries such as chemicals, advanced materials, technology, renewable energy and biotechnology.
Company Name: Global Market Insights Inc.
Contact Person: Jack Davis
Address:29L Atlantic Avenu, Suite L 105
City: Ocean View
Country: United States