The global dental equipment market size is expected to reach USD 8.45 billion by 2020, according to a new report by Grand View Research, inc. Rising geriatric population led to high prevalence of age related dental disorders, which is expected to support the industry growth. As a consequence of unhealthy lifestyle and ignorance of oral hygiene there is high prevalence of teeth and cavities related disorders which in turn is increasing the demand for dental surgeries.
Full research report on dental equipment market analysis:
As per the World Health Organization (WHO) statistics globally, 60% to 90% of school children and nearly 100% of adults have cavities. As a result, WHO has undertaken initiatives pertaining to the promotion of oral disease prevention and hygiene across the globe. These initiatives have resulted in a rise in the number of dental diagnostic and therapeutic devices.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Growth in demand for aesthetic procedures has led to a spur in the cosmetic dentistry. Furthermore, increasing dental tourism has led to an increased demand for sophisticated and advanced equipment.
- Systems & parts was the largest product segment accounting for USD 2,206.2 million revenue of the overall market in 2013. High usage rates supported by increasing procedure volumes, is a key factor attributing to the segment’s growth.
- Lasers are expected to grow at a lucrative rate over the forecast period owing to, high usage and rising demand of dental lasers especially in the field of cosmetic dentistry. In addition, benefits associated with these lasers namely accuracy and precision in procedures like removal of the enamel decay without affecting the gum and bone tissue are expected to boost usage rates.
- North America accounted for a substantial market share in 2013 owing to the growing incidences of oral health problems hence, creating high demand for dental procedures. Europe dental equipment market accounted for a major share in 2013. The region’s large share was on account of the growth in demand oral health related products and increasing patient awareness
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness high growth over the forecast period owing to increased demand due to presences of large patient pool with high unmet demand. Adoption of innovative instruments and techniques is expected to propel growth in this region. Furthermore, improving healthcare infrastructure as a result of favorable government initiatives is likely to introduce an amicable business environment to the region.
- Key players of this market include Danaher Corporation, Planmeca Oy, A-Dec Inc., Sirona Dental Systems, Carestream Health and Dentsply international, 3M ESPE and Biolase.
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-dental-equipment-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States