There are a few things to consider about South Carolina rehab centers before signing on the dotted line. Each year, millions of people become addicted to drugs. This count is on top of those who are already addicted and seeking help, or not. For the millions of people fortunate enough to enter drug rehab, there are many more who cannot, or do not. Sometimes, these people fall by the way, and virtually, disappear off the face of the earth. The choice to attend rehab can be a tough one, for both men and women. Women, especially, are judged by a different set of standards. So, it may be more difficult to come to terms that an addiction needs professional help. Once the decision is made to attend, the next order of business is to find a rehab that fits you or a loved one’s needs.
Ask the following questions.
1. What do I expect of my rehab results? Keep in mind that addiction is as unique as each person addicted. Rehab and its modalities should take that approach and tailor programs to meet the needs of each individual. The decision should also be made with family members as well. Family can be one the most reliable sources in helping addicts regain a life of sobriety.
2. Does the rehab center offer both short and long-term treatment options? Long-term works best for those with acute, severe addictions. They can receive 24/7 medications and monitoring as needed. Detox will be challenging for most. This stage is where harmful toxins are removed from the body. Withdrawal can be painful, and even deadly if not monitored in a safe, clinical setting. This is why it is never recommended that anyone tries to go it alone. The most common type of drug rehab will be a 28-day program. Of course, there are those who will need considerable more time.
3. Check to see what type of drugs are used to treat a specific addiction. Some addiction treatment offers drugs like Suboxone and buprenorphine to stand in for heroin addiction. These programs attempt to reduce harm created by illicit drug use, and are not focused on sobriety per say. The difference may be critical for you or a loved one. Some treatments can be harmful, depending on the drug being used to treat a specific addiction. Other programs may be totally holistic in nature, and will work with the patient’s belief system and thought processes. Cognitive behavioral therapies, alone with exercises and other modalities may work best.
4. How successful is the center in alleviating physical cravings? As mentioned, detox, which addresses physical cravings, will be challenging for most. When cravings are eliminated, patients have a far better chance of avoiding relapse once their program ends.
5. An effective program should also offer a nutritional supplement, Addiction of any kind can drain the body of vitamins and essential minerals.
6. The program chosen should also teach life skills. Patients will have to navigate life when they leave rehab. The more they know about their addiction, and how to handle the triggers that could lead to relapse, the better their chances of gaining a full recovery.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a drug or alcohol addiction, seek immediate rehab help.
Company Name: Elite Rehab Placement
Contact Person: Admissions
Address:903 Calle Amanecer, Suite 240
City: San Clemente
Country: United States