Regulatory and technological developments are pushing banks in Europe and the UK to open up access to their systems and data via the use of application programming interfaces (APIs). If banks embrace the concept, they will be able to become one-stop shops for the best products on the Open API Banking market, crowdsource the development of new services, and generate revenue by selling access to their data and capabilities.
Request a sample of Open API Banking report @ http://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/131029.
– Regulatory initiatives such as PSD2 in Europe and the Open Banking Standard in the UK are forcing banks to open up their systems to third parties, and this will hasten the rollout of open APIs.
– Starling Bank and N26 are among those using the bank as a marketplace approach. Here, banks transform themselves into portals, using their open APIs to allow third-party services to be accessed from within their own platforms.
– Fidor Bank is an exemplar of the bank as a service strategy. Startups and other entities that want to offer banking services to their customers can connect to Fidor Bank’s capabilities via its APIs and build their own services and user interface on top.
“Open API Banking: Defining the Potential and Opportunities” explores the impact of open banking initiatives and assesses the various strategies that banks can employ. This report is based on findings from our Retail Banking Insight Survey, together with interviews with industry figures and secondary research.
Browse the complete report with TOC @ http://www.orbisresearch.com/reports/index/open-api-banking-defining-the-potential-and-opportunities-strategies-for-a-world-of-open-banking.
The report offers insight into:
– The current state of open banking and open API initiatives in the UK, Europe, and further afield.
– The advantages and disadvantages associated with the main open API strategies banks can use.
– Advice and recommendations for how to effectively deploy an open API strategy.
Reasons To Buy
– Learn more about the distinct open API strategies a bank can deploy, together with the specific advantages and disadvantages associated with each approach.
– Gain an understanding of the opportunities – and the threats – that open APIs will create for banks.
– Discover more about how specific banks around the world are already using APIs, their rationale for doing so, and their experiences to date.
Place a purchase order of Open API Banking report @ http://www.orbisresearch.com/contact/purchase/131029 .
BBVA, Capital One, Credit Agricole, Fidor Bank, Monzo, N26, OCBC, Open Bank Project, Silicon , Valley Bank, solarisBank, Starling Bank, Sutor Bank.
APIs have the potential to bring about an open banking revolution
Critical success factors
DEFINING THE OPEN BANKING LANDSCAPE
Open banking will be the most important banking trend over the next few years
The free exchange of data will increase competition and benefit consumers
Consumers will benefit from access to enhanced services
Easier product comparisons
Safer use of account aggregation tools
Wider access to credit
Provision of enhanced PFM services
Consumers are put off account aggregation by security concerns
There is a reluctance to give external aggregators access to account information
Concerns about account aggregation are high among those who are the most favorable towards the concept
The use of APIs will address most consumer concerns
Several initiatives are pushing providers towards open banking
PSD is at the forefront of European efforts
The UK is pushing ahead with the creation of an OBS
The OBP in Germany has developed its own open API standard
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Company Name: Orbis Research
Contact Person: Hector Costello
Phone: +1 (214) 884-6817
Address:4144N Central Expressway, Suite 600
Country: United States