The Global industry appears to be returning to the location-rich and well-crewed Thailand, as the number of foreign films shoot increased by 15 percent, led by China which shot 48 films here.
BANGKOK, THAILAND – 26 Jan, 2017 – Thailand Film Office is pleased to announce that Thailand has marked as a significant position as a quality destination for being home to some of the world’s most exotic filming locations. To achieve more we are offering a cluster of 8 strategic location blocks targeting these goals.
Thai Film Office offers cluster of 8 selected locations to promote Thailand as hub for foreign films. THAILAND, which has announced its intention to become Asia’s tourism capital within three years, has developed a tourism cluster strategy to woo visitors and international film makers.
Filming in Thailand is hassle-free, as local coordination companies handle all arrangements. These companies provide assistance for all legal documentation from filming and work permits to contact and coordination with all related agencies. Local coordination services include recruitment of production crews and talent, location scouting and fulfilling clients’ specific needs for equipment, special effects and other technical services.
Every year hundreds of foreign films and productions are shot in the Thailand including documentaries, commercials, TV series, and music videos and of course, feature films. Keeping this in mind Thailand Film Office has announced cash incentives of 15-20% aimed at international film and entertainment markets commencing in January 2017.
This cluster of 8 strategic location blocks are characterised based on geographical beauty. Each location has its own distinct position in terms of geographical area.
1. Lanna Cluster (Province: Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Lampang and Phayao) – This cluster is a gateway to Lanna culture & hub of northern tourism characterized by relatively flat river plains, the northern and western part consist of the hilly terrain of the Thai highlands. The south Eastern part of this cluster gives access to culture, khmer civilisation, silk wisdom & SiSaket gives people a way of life with an over view of khmer civilisation on Phrea Vihear Temple.
2. South Eastern Cluster (Province : Nakhon Ratchasima, Buriram, Surin, Sisaket and Ubon Ratchathani) – Gives access to culture, khmer civilisation, silk wisdom & SiSa ket gives people a way of life with an over view of khmer civilisation on Phrea Vihear Temple.
3. Active Beach Cluster (Province – Chonburi, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat) – One of the most entertaining and relaxing destination on Same Island known as the best stopover for cruise and yacht. Trat- provides blue water beaches of Chang Island with fishery community, fruit gardens and bordering Cambodia.
4. Royal Coast Cluster (Province – Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, and Ranong) – Known as the city of beaches, hot springs, waterfalls, mountains and more.
5. Andaman Cluster (Province – Phuket, Krabi, Phang Nga, Trang, and Satun) – Hub of tourism and stop over for Yacht.
6. Cultural World Heritage Cluster (Province – Sukhothai, Kamphaengphet, Phitsanulok, and Tak) There are reputedly some beautiful waterfalls scattered throughout Tak and there is a pretty cool Hill Tribe Market on the way to Mae Sot.
7. Khong River Cluster (Province – Loei, Nongkhai, Nakhon Phanom, Mukdahan, and Buengkan: Province is largely mountainous and hilly. In its west are, in descending order of altitudes of highest peaks, a good place to cover hills and river side sceneic beauty.
8. Chao Phraya River Cluster (Province – Singburi, Ang Thong, Ayutthaya, Pathumthani, and Nonthaburi): The Chao Phraya is the major river in Thailand, with its low alluvial plain forming the center of the country.
Renowned to the world as the “Land of Smiles, our people are gentle, friendly and are widely recognized for their hospitality. This nature has nurtured Thais into being service-minded, hardworking and flexible. Local production crews have worked in many international productions over the years developing the skills in the domestic industries. The skilled and creative production resources, specialists in pre-production, production and post-production processes are now confident to work in international environments helping you transform your dream onto film.
Media contact information:
Thailand Film Office, Department of Tourism
Rama 1 Road, Bangkok, 10330, Thailand.
Telephone : 66-2219-4010-7
Ext. 462-463,634 or 66-2612-4149
Distributed by Press Release Jet
Company Name: Export Consultants Co Ltd
Contact Person: Santhana Suebsantiwongs