The Global Automated Breast Ultrasound Systems Market was valued at US$ 236.5 million in 2015, according to a new report by published by Coherent Market Insights. Increasing incidence of breast cancer is propelling market growth for automated breast ultrasound systems worldwide.
Regulatory approval from the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) for using automated breast ultrasound systems (ABUS) as an adjunct with mammography in screening women with dense breasts has augmented market growth. ABUS with better sensitivity enables screening of small tumors in women with dense breasts. Furthermore, use of ABUS in preoperative evaluation is projected to be one of the major driving factors for these systems. Providers need to focus on reducing costs, while rate of false positives can be significantly reduced through proper training of device operators. GE Healthcare offers FDA-required onsite training to technologists and radiologists for using the ABUS system. Other market players also need to practice customer engagement activities and provide additional services to their customers in order to sustain the market competition.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
The advent of automated breast ultrasound systems (ABUS) has curtailed demand for handheld ultrasound system (HHUS) and the trend is expected to continue over the forecast period. The industry has witnessed increasing demand for ABUS over the last two years by physician to enhance patient’s diagnosis. This is mainly due to the various superior features offered by ABUS such as high quality 3D images, reduced screening time, and the ability to screen dense breast tissues and small tumors effectively. .
In 2014, the U.S. FDA approved GE’s Invenia ABUS for using it as a supplementary product with mammogram in diagnosing breast cancer. This has encouraged hospitals to use ABUS in screening of breasts. High prevalence of breast cancer is acting as a major factor fueling market growth. The American Cancer Society estimates that there would be 246,660 new cases of invasive breast cancer in the U.S. in 2016. As per the estimates of the Philippine Obstetrical and Gynecological Society, the highest incidence of breast cancers is in Philippines, with a mammoth increase of 589% in breast cancer cases reported over a 30-year period (1980 – 2010).
Get Free PDF Research Brochure for more Professional and Technical Insights: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/78
Furthermore, use of ABUS is also increasing in preoperative evaluation of tumors. Various studies are being conducted to establish the benefits of using ABUS in preoperative application. A trial was initiated in January 2016 by the University of Zurich for preoperative evaluation of breast cancer using ABUS in women newly diagnosed with breast cancer. The study is expected to be completed by 2021. Favorable outcomes from such studies would further expand the scope for ABUS in preoperative evaluation.
Use of ABUS is high in developed countries such as the U.S., Australia, Japan, the U.K., and Canada. In contrast, high costs of installing ABUS and low number of women opting for early breast screening is restraining demand for ABUS, underdeveloped countries.
Request for Report Customization: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-customization/78
Key takeaways of the market are:
- A major application of ABUS is in screening of patients. Increasing awareness about the consequences of delayed detection of breast cancer is encouraging patients to undergo screen test.
- Prone type ABUS is expected to dominate the market throughout the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global automated breast ultrasound systems market with a revenue share of around 40% in 2015. Asia Pacific is expected to witness over 20X higher unit sales than Latin America between 2015 and 2024. This is attributed mainly to higher adoption rate of ABUS in China and Japan.
- Growth in North America and Europe is primarily driven by high prevalence of breast cancer and increasing demand for breast screening at early stage to circumvent consequences of delayed or late-stage detection.
- Increasing concerns regarding breast cancer has triggered government and non-profit organizations to increase awareness about the consequences and promote early detection methods of the disease. Some of these initiatives include, The Pink Initiative organization in India, Breast Cancer Initiative East Africa Inc., and Pink Ribbon Breakfast initiative by the Cancer Australia.
- The automated breast ultrasound systems market is at the verge of consolidation. Following are the instances of the same:
- In 2015, iVu Imaging Corp announced an alliance with Hitachi Aloka Medical, Ltd. for distribution of its automated whole breast ultrasound scanner. This was aimed at strengthening Hitachi’s presence in North America.
- In 2014, Koninklijke Philips N.V. entered into an agreement with SonoCiné Inc. to add the latter’s automated whole breast ultrasound imaging to its ultrasound systems portfolio
- GE and Siemens hold major share of the global market, while SonoCine and other players are emphasizing on product sales at regional level
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Company Name: Coherent Market Insights
Contact Person: Raj Shah
Address:1001 4th Ave #3200
Country: United States