Global Antibody Production Market is expected to reach a value of USD 22.6 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for therapeutic antibodies including monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies is a major factor that drives growth of the market during forecast period. Antibodies are the dominant biopharmaceuticals that specifically target the abnormal cells. Thus, many pharmaceuticals and biotechnology companies have begun to focus on the development of advanced antibodies for the treatment of chronic diseases such as cancer, rheumatic heart disease, and arthritis.
Patent expiry of several blockbuster monoclonal antibodies in the near future, is another major factor supporting the growth of the antibody production market. Several antibodies such as Avastin, Herceptin, and Mabthera are going to lose their patents in a few years. For instance, the patent of Herceptin (trastuzumab) expired in Europe in July 2014 and will expire in the U.S. in June 2019. Many companies such as Amgen Inc., Synthon, Biocon, and Pfizer Inc. are developing biosimilar for trastuzumab, which is expected to propel the demand for antibody production products.
Full research report on Global Antibody Production Market:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Downstream processing was the largest revenue-grossing segment of the antibody production market in 2016. It is also expected to exhibit the highest CAGR during the forecast period, owing to large application of chromatography devices and resins in downstream processing
- The monoclonal antibody segment was leading in 2016, due to its higher demand in treatment of chronic diseases including cancer, blood disorders, and growth hormone deficiency
- The pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies segment dominated the overall market in terms of revenue in 2016, owing to the large production of therapeutic antibodies and high investment in R&D by companies for drug development
- North America was the largest revenue-generating region of the market in the year 2016. This region is expected to maintain its position during the forecast period because of the presence of several leading biopharmaceuticals and biotechnology companies in this region
- Asia Pacific region is projected to be the fastest-growing segment over the study period, due to rapidly booming biotechnology industry and comparatively less stringent regulations for biologics development in APAC region
- Some of the key players include GE Healthcare; Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.; Sartorius AG; Merck KGaA; Pall Corp.; Eppendorf AG; Cellab GmbH; INTEGRA Biosciences AG; and FiberCell Systems Inc.
Browse More Reports from Same Category: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/biotechnology
Grand View Research has segmented the antibody production market on the basis of type, process, end-use, and region:
Antibody Production Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Polyclonal antibody
- Monoclonal antibody
Antibody Production Process Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Upstream processing
- Largescale bioreactors
- Single-use bioreactors
- Buffers and reagents
- Downstream processing
- Chromatography systems
- Chromatography resins
- Filtration systems
- Filtration consumables and accessories
Antibody Production End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
- Research laboratories
Antibody Production Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Access Blog of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blog/antibody-production-market-size-share
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States