Washington, DC – May 31, 2017 – Game Institute™, a leading provider of accredited, professional training in the field of video game development, was pleased to announce the launch of a new line of Udemy Courses. The series, “Build Your Own First-Person Shooter/Survival Game in Unity”, provides the training to create your own sci-fi or first-person military shooter, third person action adventure, or even a role-playing game. Students will progress from a blank screen, and while following along with instructors will build all the systems, together, step-by-step for a game called Dead Earth.
Dead Earth is a commercial quality, first-person, action-survival game set in the modern post-apocalypse. In this exciting game, you will be mankind’s last hope for survival after a lethal plague has ravaged the world. The player is presented with a variety of dangerous environments where the fight for survival gets progressively more difficult as the story unfolds. The infection has manifested in terrifying ways, and players will face a varied set of enemies – from enraged humanoids to total mutations whose origins are not fully understood.
Over the course of the series, students can look forward to learning how to:
• Create their own missions that chain together different series of game events, unlock additional items and uncover new areas of the world.
• Develop a complete first-person arms/weapons management system with melee and ranged weapon support.
• Build a robust and extensible artificial intelligence system that syncs with game characters’ animations.
• Design smart NPCs who can interact with their world in very realistic ways.
• Build an in-game inventory system for players to manage their weapons, ammo, health boosters, mission items, and more.
• Assemble fully interactive worlds with working doors, elevators, cabinets and drawers.
• Use scripted events to drive a story line forward.
• Understand fundamental concepts in the field of game AI, like navigation and path-finding, state machines, animation state machines, and more.
• Import and animate multiple characters in less time using humanoid re-targeting.
• Create custom interfaces for health bars, ammo, inventory items, and more.
• Develop an audio log system for delivering storytelling elements.
• Use a combination of technologies to accelerate real-time lighting and shadows in graphics intensive scenes.
Game Institute™ was founded by a team of industry game artists and programmers in the US and UK in 2001. They offer tracks for both game artists and game programmers. Two courses are being offered on Udemy with over 6,700 students enrolled.
Game Institute™ teaches the most important skills necessary for anyone interested in creating video game art and/or writing code for games. Student reviews have been very positive earning the courses a 4.8 out of 5.0 average rating. Take a look at what Larry Tweed, a Verified Student, had to say: “Excellent course for intermediate to advanced Unity, and a great resource for understanding how a first-person shooter works under the covers.”
For complete information, please visit: Build Your Own First-Person Shooter/Survival Game in Unity
Company Name: Game Institute
Contact Person: Media Relations
Address:2101 L Street NW, Suite 800
State: DC 20037
Country: United States