Pectin is naturally found in citrus fruits such as oranges, berries, peaches, apricots, cherries, grapes, apples and blackberries in the form of a carbohydrate called polysaccharide. The quality and content of pectin in different fruits may vary depending on their maturity and variety. Pectin exhibits significant characteristics such as it enhances the colour, improves the texture as well as increases the shelf-life of food products. In addition, the gelling, thickening and stabilizing attributes of pectin make it an essential constituent of numerous food products like jams, jellies, yogurts, desserts, marmalades, acidified milk and protein drinks. Apart from this, pectin also offers various health benefits as it helps in preventing high cholesterol levels, improving digestive health, reducing the risks of cancer and combating gastroesophageal reflux disease.
According to a new report by Expert Market Research, the global pectin market reached a value of US$ 1,565 Million in 2016 and is further expected to reach US$ 2,846 Million by 2022. Over the past several years, there has been a proliferated demand for pectin as its usage has increased in the food and beverage industry. Moreover, a strong growth has also been witnessed in emerging as well as developed market. Some of the other factors that have further fuelled the market growth include rising health consciousness among consumers and growing preferences for functional foods.
Request a free sample copy of the report: http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/request?type=report&id=72&flag=B
Key findings from the report:
- Various raw materials of pectin are Citrus Peel, Apple Peel and Other Fruits and Vegetable Residues.
- The major end-uses of pectin include Drinking and Spoonable Yoghurts, Jam and Preservers, Milk Drinks, Fruit Beverages and Others. In 2016, drinking and spoonable yoghurts represented the largest end-use segment with the majority of the market share.
- Region-wise, Europe dominated the market with a share of more than one-third of the total global production in 2016. It was followed by Asia, North America, South America and Others.
- Being fragmented in nature, the global pectin market is surrounded by a number of players. Some of these players include CP Kelco, Danisco, Cargil, H&F, Oipektin, Yantai.
Click here for summary of the report with TOC: http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/reports/pectin-market
Expert Market Research has analysed the global pectin market according to raw material, end-use, major regions and top players:
Market breakup by Raw Material
– Citrus Peel
– Apple Peel
– Other Fruits and Vegetable Residues
Market breakup by End-use
– Drinking and Spoonable Yoghurts
– Jam and Preservers
– Milk Drinks
– Fruit Beverages
Market breakup by Region
– North America
– South America
– CP Kelco
Find more related reports on Chemical and Materials Industry: http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/categories/chemicals-market-reports
Expert Market Research (EMR) is a market research and consultancy firm providing syndicated and custom research along with consultancy services to a wide clientele base which includes Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium enterprises. With our tailored approach, the clients gain valuable and unbiased insights that help to improve their competitive edge and realize sustainable growth.
With a keen focus on the qualitative aspect as well as accuracy of the reports, we align our resources and services as per the client’s requirement and offer a flexible engagement model that best suits their needs. We offer market intelligence across a range of industry verticals which include Pharmaceuticals, Food and Beverage, Technology, Retail, Chemical & Materials, Energy & Mining, Packaging and Agriculture.
Company Name: Expert Market Research
Contact Person: Karen Anderson
Address:85 Broad St 10004
City: New York
Country: United States