The global 3D printing metals market is expected to reach USD 2.86 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Metals are the fastest growing 3D printing materials worldwide on account of high application scope coupled with increasing demand from the medical and dental application.
The market has witnessed advancements, both in terms of technologies and materials, in order to facilitate low cost and mass production of the products. This would also lead to flexibility in designs and ease of manufacturing of products for wide range of applications.
Numerous companies including GE have been utilizing metal 3D printing for the development of aerospace parts. In December 2016, Sigma Labs entered into a new contract with Honeywell aerospace. The Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA) selected the company for completion of phase III of the Open Manufacturing (OM) program. It is aimed at reducing the barriers involved in the metal 3D printing process including speed, cost, and repeatability.
Full research report on 3d printing metal market analysis: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/3d-metal-printing-market
U.S. 3D printing metals market revenue, by application, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Powder segment is expected to witness the fastest CAGR of over 30% from 2016 to 2025 on account of significant technological development in the field of metal printers
- Aerospace & defense sector dominated the industry in 2015 with a share of over 35% and is anticipated to witness significant growth on account of high application scope in military aircraft, aircraft engine, commercial aircraft, complex weapon systems, high volume weapons, and munition components
- The medical sector accounted for a share of over 30%, in terms of revenue, in 2015 on account of increasing use of the technology in medical implants, medical devices, and surgical equipment including crowns & bridges, model castings, and abutments
- Titanium is expected to witness rapid growth from 2016 to 2025 on account of superior mechanical properties, accuracy in production, and early adoption of the product in aerospace & defense and medical industry
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness the fastest growth of over 30% from 2016 to 2025 on account of rapid industrial development, supportive government policies, and high R&D investment in China, Japan, and South Korea
- New product development is one of the major strategies being adopted by the industry players in order to strengthen their global position
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/paints-coatings-and-printing-inks
Grand View Research has segmented the global 3D printing metals market on the basis of form, product, application, and region:
Form Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Product Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Aerospace & Defense
- Medical & Dental
Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South AmericaMiddle East & Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-3d-metal-printing-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States