Potassium permanganate is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula, KMnO4. It is a dark purple coloured crystalline compound, which is odourless and sweet in taste. Potassium permanganate has oxidising, bacterial and algicidal properties which make it a versatile compound that is used in a number of applications.
It is used in various processes of chemical manufacturing and purifying, controlling pollution, medication, treatment of water, quantity analysis, control of odour in sugar refineries, etc. According to a new report by Expert Market Research, the global potassium permanganate market reached a volume of 176 Thousand Tons in 2016 and is further expected to reach 296 Thousand Tons by 2022.
The production of potassium permanganate during 2009-2016 witnessed a compelling growth in the major producing countries. Potassium permanganate is an important product both economically and commercially in various industries as it is highly oxidant and disinfectant in nature. It oxidises iron, manganese and hydrogen sulphide into particles that are filtered out which in turn removes hardness of water. Potassium permanganate also chemically eradicates the organic components such as bacteria, fungi, parasites, etc. contained in the matter. Thus, it is majorly consumed by the water and wastewater treatment industry in large quantities. Initiation by governments worldwide to supply soft and treated water and to dispose wastewater is another factor driving the market growth.
Request a free sample copy of the report: http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/request?type=report&id=75&flag=B
Key findings from the report:
- The end-uses of potassium permanganate include water treatment, wastewater treatment, chemical manufacturing, aquaculture, metal processing, and air & gas purification. In 2016, water treatment represented the largest end-use segment with the majority of the market share.
- Region-wise, China dominated the market with a share of more than a half of the total global production in 2016. It was followed by US, European Union and India.
- Being fragmented in nature, the global potassium permanganate market is surrounded by a number of players. Some of these players include Chongqing Changyuan Chemical Corporation Limited, Carus Corporation, Changsha Yonta Industry Co. Ltd., Groupstars Chemical (Yunnan) China LLC and Guangdong Hang Xing Technologies AG.
To view the report summary and Table of Contents, click on: http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/reports/potassium-permanganate-market
Expert Market Research has analysed the global potassium permanganate market according to end-use, major regions and top players:
Market breakup by End-use
- Water Treatment
- Wastewater Treatment
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Metal Processing
- Air & Gas Purification
Market breakup by Region
- European Union
- Chongqing Changyuan Chemical Corporation Limited
- Carus Corporation
- Changsha Yonta Industry Co. Ltd.
- Groupstars Chemical (Yunnan) China LLC
- Guangdong Hang Xing Technologies AG
Find more reports on Chemical and Materials Industry: http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/categories/chemicals-market-reports
Expert Market Research (EMR) is a market research and consultancy firm providing syndicated and custom research along with consultancy services to a wide clientele base which includes Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium enterprises. With our tailored approach, the clients gain valuable and unbiased insights that help to improve their competitive edge and realize sustainable growth.
With a keen focus on the qualitative aspect as well as accuracy of the reports, we align our resources and services as per the client’s requirement and offer a flexible engagement model that best suits their needs. We offer market intelligence across a range of industry verticals which include Pharmaceuticals, Food and Beverage, Technology, Retail, Chemical & Materials, Energy & Mining, Packaging and Agriculture.
Company Name: Expert Market Research
Contact Person: Karen Anderson
Address:85 Broad St 10004
City: New York
Country: United States