WiseGuyReports published new report, titled “Type 2 Diabetes – Global Drug Forecast and Market”
While the global T2D market is crowded with inexpensive generics and marked by a pipeline filled with me-too drugs, expects this market to undergo substantial growth between 2016 and 2026, doubling over the forecast period. The main driver of this enormous expansion will be the dramatic increase in disease prevalence, which is attributable to increased life expectancy and an increasingly sedentary and stressful lifestyle. The second largest driver will be physicians’ efforts to delay disease progression and reduce the costly burden of diabetic complications through the use of combination therapies and novel branded drugs.
Despite the large number of marketed therapies, the T2D market is still experiencing large unmet needs and therefore has a significant growth opportunity for new patent-protected products. Metformin (dimethylbiguanide) will remain the first-line therapy overall for T2D due to physicians’ familiarity with it and the availability of long-term data, but the usage of sulfonylureas (SUs), another front-line therapy, continues to be replaced by novel therapies with improved side-effect profiles. The battle for second- or third-line therapy will involve DPP-4Is, GLP-1RAs, SGLT-Is, and other upcoming novel therapies. Of all the currently marketed classes, GLP-1RAs and SGLT-Is will experience the fastest growth due to their beneficial CV effects, weight-loss effects, and increasing ease of use.
– Overview of T2D, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
– Annualized T2D therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2016 and forecast for ten years to 2026.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the T2D therapeutics market.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global T2D therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Key points to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global T2D therapeutics market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global T2D therapeutics market in future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Track drug sales in the global T2D therapeutics market from 2016-2026.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
2 Type 2 Diabetes (T2D): Executive Summary
4 Disease Overview
6 Disease Management
7 Competitive Assessment
8 Unmet Needs and Opportunities
9 Pipeline Assessment
10 Current and Future Players
11 Market Outlook
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349