WiseGuyReports published new report, titled “Payments Landscape in India”
“Payments Landscape in India: Opportunities and Risks to 2021″, report provides detailed analysis of market trends in Indian cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including credit transfers, direct debit, cash, payment cards, and cheques during the review-period (2013-17e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2017-21f). It also offers information on the country’s competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Indian cards and payments industry, including –
– Current and forecast values for each market in the Indian cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
– Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, direct debit, cheques, cash, and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country’s key alternative payment instruments.
– E-commerce market analysis and payment methods.
– Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing Indian cards and payments industry.
– Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
– To tackle the issue of black money and counterfeit currency, the Indian government decided to cancel the INR500 and INR1,000 notes as legal tender from midnight of November 8, 2016; these are now being replaced with new notes. These notes accounted for more than 85% of the total currency in circulation in value terms, and the move has resulted in a shortage of cash as a result of logistical issues in making the new notes available. The shortage of cash is expected to encourage the use of payment cards and digital wallets in the country.
– Uptake of alternative payments among Indian consumers is gaining traction due to the availability of options such as PayPal, Paytm, FreeCharge, and airtel Money. Most recently, in March 2017 Samsung Pay entered the Indian market. Supporting banks and card issuers include Axis Bank, Citibank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, State Bank of India (SBI), Standard Chartered Bank, and American Express. Other digital wallets launched by banks include Pockets by ICICI Bank in February 2015 and Lime by Axis Bank in September 2015. The entry of new payment solutions is likely to intensify competition in India’s alternative payments market.
– The emergence of mobile-only banks is likely to further accelerate the shift towards electronic payments in India. Singapore-based DBS Bank launched India’s first mobile-only bank, digibank, in April 2016; the zero-balance savings account comes with a Visa debit card. Customers are entitled to an unlimited number of cash withdrawals, and are offered cashback and discounts on in-store and online purchases. Customers can open accounts at any of the bank’s partner outlets by providing their Aadhaar Card details and biometrics for authentication.
Key points to buy
– Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to Indian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
– Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in Indian cards and payments industry.
– Assess the competitive dynamics in the Indian cards and payments industry.
– Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in India.
– Gain insights into key regulations governing Indian cards and payments industry.
Table of Contents
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
For accessing accurate and deep understanding and to gain latest insights and key developments in the area of your interest, we also have a list of conferences in which you will be interested in, for more information, cordially check
For updating knowledge or for thoroughly understanding varioUS terminologies, we also have vast list of seminars for your reference, for more information cordially check
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349