The telecom market in Uganda is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 11.6% during 2016-2021, primarily driven by growth in data revenue. Mobile data and fixed Internet will be the primary growth drivers during the period, owing to operators’ investments in 3G/4G and fiber network expansion and the increasing adoption of mobile money services. Fixed broadband growth will also be supported by the National Broadband Strategy, which aims to extend fiber across the country in the coming years. Going forward, data, the most lucrative segment, will bring about opportunities for all stakeholders.
– The overall telecom service revenue in Uganda is estimated to generate $1.0bn in 2016 (an increase of 0.5% over 2015) and is estimated to reach $1.7bn by 2021. Growth will be mainly driven by the data segment (mobile and fixed).
– Though 2G will be the most adopted technology in 2016, going forward, it will lose its share, as customers increasingly migrate to high-speed 3G and 4G services.
– The Ugandan telecom market will be dominated by the big two players, MTN Uganda and Airtel Uganda. Operators are focusing on attractive data and device bundles and mobile money services to attract customers.
“Uganda: 3G and 4G Network Expansion and Increasing Mobile Data Revenue to Drive Telecom Growth” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Uganda today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Uganda’s telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Research’s databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
– Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Uganda compared with other countries in the Africa & Middle-East region.
– Economic, demographic and political context in Uganda.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
– A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data.
• Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2021.
• The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
• In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
• Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Uganda’s telecommunications market.
Reasons to Buy
– Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Uganda, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Uganda’s mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer’s demand.
– Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Uganda.
– Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
– Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Uganda.
Table of Content: Key Points
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players
Overall market opportunities
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349