Skin grafting involves the transplantation of skin graft from a donor part to another. Considering all these factors the market for skin graft is expected to reach $ 7.5 billion by the end of 2023, this market is projected to growing at a CAGR of ~ 13.5 % during 2017-2023.
Key players of Global Skin graft Market:
Key players profiled in the report are Organogenesis, Inc., Specmed Medical, Stratatech Corp, Tissue Regenix Group PLC, Avita Medical, Convatec Inc., Medrotonic, Coloplast, B. Braun Melsungen, zimmerbiomet, Stratatech Corporation, Zimmer Biomet and others.
Get a sample report at https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/1674 .
Current Industry Trends:
- U.K.’s National Health Service researchers are expected to launch a liquid skin dispersing device which contains a regenerative epithelial suspension which mimic natural skin and reduce wound healing times
- Allograft skin graft is expected to lose market share in favour of xenogeneic and prosthetic segments. The advancements in skin graft technology such as biocompatibility and biomimetic material is a reason for the expected development coupled with the drawbacks of allografts such as large surgical footprint
- Mergers and acquisitions are ripe as the skin graft market is highly technology oriented with large development cost and times. To cut short development efforts and to take advantage of complementary specialities of other companies are the cause of the mergers and acquisitions. For example, Mallinckrodt plc, entered into a merger agreement with Stratatech Corporation in August 2016 to take advantage of reduced development efforts for StrataGraft regenerative skin tissue and a technology platform for genetically enhanced skin tissues.
- Start-ups are a growing trend, as a company with proprietary technology will have an advantage over a larger competitor due to low volume and high value nature of the product, which negates the economics of scale advantage of a larger company.
Market Dynamics of Global Skin graft Market:
- Rise in the cases of risk factors such as accidents, skin infections such as necrotizing fasciitis or purpura fulminans, burns, cancer, surgeries and others. According to WHO, burns are a leading cause of public health issue causing approximately 265000 deaths annually. The global burn care market size is approximately USD 1.5 billion in 2016.
- Technical advancements in surgical instruments such as development of electrical dermatome and drum-type dermatome which has resulted in greater accuracy and control.
- Growing occupational hazards such as electricity, high temperatures, machinery and others
- Complications such as infection, pain and hospital stay
- High cost of treatment
- Lack of healthcare infrastructure in developing regions
- Rejection and immune reactions which can be fatal
Browse Complete Report at https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/skin-grafting-market-1674 .
Segments of Global Skin graft Market:
The global skin graft market is segmented on the basis of graft type, graft thickness and applications. Graft type – autologous, isogeneic, allogeneic, xenogeneic and prosthetic.
Graft thickness – split-thickness, full-thickness and composite graft.
Applications – extensive wound, burns, extensive skin loss due to infection, skin cancers and others. Equipment – dermatome (knives dermatomes, drum dermatomes, electric dermatomes, air dermatomes), general surgical instruments, consumables and others.
End users – hospitals and clinics, academic and research and others.
Regional analysis of Global Skin graft Market:
US accounts for the maximum market share due to faster market uptake of new technology, favourable reimbursement scenario and greater expenditure on healthcare. Europe is the second largest market due to large disposable income and rising awareness which is led by France and Germany. Asia Pacific region is expected to generate fastest growth and is estimated to be led by China and India. However Japan has the largest market share in the region as of 2016. Asia Pacific also has a
The Middle East & Africa market is led by the gulf nations particularly Saudi Arabia and UAE. The regions of Africa are expected to witness a moderate growth due to poor economic and political conditions and poor healthcare penetration.
Company Name: Market Research Future
Contact Person: Akash Anand
Phone: +1 646 845 9312
Address:Market Research Future Office No. 528, Amanora Chambers Magarpatta Road, Hadapsar, Pune –