White cement refers to a hydraulic binder which is made with limestone or chalk, oil and China clay. When mixed with water, it forms a paste which sets and hardens through hydration. It is distinguished by its pure white colour and fine texture. Its white colour depends on the manufacturing process and the quality of raw materials which include minimal manganese oxide and iron oxide. These oxides have a large influence on the undertone and whiteness of the white cement. As it is highly durable, requires low maintenance and exhibits aesthetic, decorative and heat reflecting properties, white cement has been a popular construction material across the globe. A new research report by IMARC Group, titled “White Cement Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, estimates that the market has reached a volume of around 20 Million Tons in 2017. The report further anticipates the market to reach a volume of nearly 24 Million Tons by 2023, at a projected CAGR of approximately 3.5% over the forecast period.
Global White Cement Market Drivers/Constraints:
- The major factor which is influencing the market growth is the thriving construction industry due to which there has been a rise in the infrastructural activities across residential and commercial sectors. This has augmented the demand for white cement across the world.
- A strong demand for white cement in emerging economies owing to the need for housing and continued government as well as private investments in infrastructure represents another factor which is proliferating the use of white cement.
- Some of the other factors which are positively influencing the market growth include strong purchasing power, rising urbanisation and industrialisation, along with niche applications of white cement.
- However, the white cement is higher in cost and lower in strength as compared to other cements. This acts as an obstacle for the growth of the global white cement market.
White cement currently finds myriad applications across various sectors which include residential, commercial and infrastructure.
On a geographical front, Asia-Pacific exhibits a clear dominance in the global white cement market. This can be accredited to a rapid rise in the demand for white cement in China. Some of the other major markets include Europe, Middle East and Africa, North America and Latin America
Request a free sample copy of the report: https://www.imarcgroup.com/request?type=report&id=616&flag=B
The highly fragmented market consists of numerous small and large manufacturers who compete in terms of prices and quality. Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- Cementir Holding
- Çimsa Çimento
- JK Cement
- Sotacib (65% Cementos Molins)
- Ras Al-Khaimah Co.
- Birla White (UltraTech)
- Federal White Cement
Browse related reports:
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Company Name: IMARC Group
Contact Person: Anand Ranjan
Country: United States