Painful diabetic neuropathy (PDN) is a long-term complication of diabetes mellitus (DM). Over time, diabetic patients may develop this nerve disorder, which is the result of decreased blood flow and high blood sugar levels. There are different types of diabetic neuropathy, which can be grouped as peripheral, autonomic, proximal, and focal. Each type of neuropathy affects a different area of the body.
Epidemiologists forecast the total prevalence of PDN in the 7MM from 2016 to 2026 using sources that assessed the location and intensity of neuropathic pain in the diagnosed diabetic population by using validated questionnaires such as the Brief Pain Inventory (BPI) or the Michigan Neuropathy Screening Instrument (MNSI). This methodology identified cases that both had a formal diagnosis of PDN and did not have formal diagnosis.
In the 7MM, the total prevalent cases of painful diabetic neuropathy in the diagnosed diabetic population is expected to increase from approximately 7.8 million total prevalent cases in 2016 to 10.8 million cases in 2026. The diagnosed prevalent cases of PDN are expected to grow from 4.7 million diagnosed prevalent cases in 2016 to 7.1 million cases in 2026.
– The Painful Diabetic Neuropathy (PDN) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of PDN in the seven major markets (7MM: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan).
– It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for total prevalent cases of PDN (diagnosed and undiagnosed) among the diagnosed diabetic population segmented by sex and age (beginning at age 18 years and ending at ages 85 years and older) in these markets. The total prevalent cases of PDN are further segmented into mild, moderate, and severe neuropathy, and typical or atypical PDN. This report also provides a forecast for the diagnosed prevalent cases of PDN.
– The PDN epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
– The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
Reasons to buy
The PDN EpiCast report will allow you to –
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global PDN market.
– Quantify patient populations in the global PDN market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
– Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for PDN therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
– Understand magnitude of PDN population by severity, as well as typical or atypical PDN.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 3
1.2 List of Figures 3
2 Painful Diabetic Neuropathy: Executive Summary 4
2.1 Related Reports 6
2.2 Upcoming Reports 6
3 Epidemiology 7
3.1 Disease Background 7
3.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 8
3.3 Global and Historical Trends 8
3.3.1 US 9
3.3.2 5EU 10
3.3.3 Japan 10
3.4 Forecast Methodology 10
3.4.1 Sources 11
3.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 17
3.5 Epidemiological Forecast for PDN (2016-2026) 25
3.5.1 Total Prevalent Cases of PDN 25
3.5.2 Age-Specific Total Prevalent Cases of PDN 26
3.5.3 Sex-Specific Total Prevalent Cases of PDN 27
3.5.4 Total Prevalent Cases of PDN by Severity of Neuropathy 28
3.5.5 Total Prevalent Cases of Typical and Atypical PDN 29
3.5.6 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of PDN 30
3.6 Discussion 31
3.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 31
3.6.2 Limitations of the Analysis 32
3.6.3 Strengths of the Analysis 32
4 Appendix 33
4.1 Bibliography 33
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349