Glue-laminated timber is a structural lumber product which is used for both residential and commercial projects. It is made by bonding thin layers of timber together with superior wood adhesives. The laminating process eliminates the natural variations in the performance of solid timber, thereby resulting in consistent performance. Owing to this, glue-laminated timber has rapidly gained prominence as a green building solution in the recent years. A new research report by IMARC Group, titled “Glue-Laminated Timber Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, estimates that the market was worth US$ 3.4 Billion in 2017, growing at a CAGR of nearly 5% during 2010-2017. The report further anticipates the global glue-laminated timber market value to cross US$ 4.1 Billion by 2023.
Global Glue-Laminated Timber Market Drivers/Constraints:
- The growing preference for wood-based construction materials due to their advantages including high thermal performance, chemical resistance, durability, light weight, etc. are expected to influence the growth of the global glue-laminated timber market.
- The governing authorities across various nations are encouraging the use of wood-based products due to growing sustainability concerns. This, in turn, is catalysing the demand for glue-laminated timber.
- As glue-laminated timber offers design flexibility, cost-effectiveness and ease of construction, it is extensively being used in applications ranging from flat, large roof systems to complex arches. This is anticipated to propel the growth of the market across the globe.
- Poor acoustic performance, high maintenance costs, rise in the price of raw materials and transportation costs are some of the factors that can hamper the demand for glue-laminated timber.
On the basis of application, the market has been segmented as new construction and replacement applications. Amongst these, new construction applications dominate the market, holding the majority of the global share. This can be attributed to the increasing usage of glue-laminated timber in the industrial, recreational, commercial and residential construction projects.
Want more information about this market? Request a free report sample
Based on end-use, the report finds that floor beams currently represent the largest end-use segment. These beams easily connect to the wood floor components, provide ease of work and design flexibility, and are light in weight. Other major end-use segments are roof beams, windows and door headers, and commercial.
On the geographical front, Europe represents the leading market, accounting for the majority of the global share. Within the region, Austria, Finland and Germany are the largest producers. Other major regions include Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
The market is highly concentrated with the presence of a handful of manufacturers which results in fierce competition. The manufacturers focus on increasing their consumer-base through product developments and competitive pricing strategies. Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- Structural Wood Systems
- Mayr-Melnhof Holz Gaishorn Gmbh
- Fforest Timber Engineering Ltd.
- Boise Cascade
Browse related reports:
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.