According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “Enteral Feeding Formula Market: By Product Type (Standard Formula & Disease Specific Formulas); By Application (Oncology, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Critical Care & Others); & By Region-Forecast (2018-2023)”, the market is driven by the increasing demand for home-care services or nursing treatments for elderly patients.
The global enteral feeding formulas market is estimated to grow with a CAGR of 9.17% from $8.29 billion to $13.82 billion during the period 2017 to 2023. In 2017, the major share of global enteral feeding formulas market was acquired by the Americas region, accounting to $3.10 billion, followed by Europe with a size of $2.38 billion.
Standard formula segment is projected to grow with CAGR of 8.98% during 2017 to 2023 from $5.5 billion in 2017 to reach $8.95 billion in 2023, owing to their provision of balanced nutrition. The growth of standard formulas is attributed to their extensive use among majority of Enteral fed patients, especially among chronically tube-fed patients.
Asia-Pacific continues to lead the market share and growth during 2018-2023.
Americas held the largest share in 2017 in the enteral feeding formula market, owing to rising geriatric population and growing chronic diseases. The region is anticipated to maintain its dominance over the forecast period. U.S. and Canada are significant and well established nutritional markets, whereas Northern Europe which comprises of Germany and U.K., also hold significant value share in the global market. Strict reimbursement regulations across the European healthcare spectrum are likely to have a detrimental impact on the uptake of enteral feeds market. Americas was estimated to register $3.10 billion in 2017, and is projected to reach $4.93 billion by 2023. Asia-Pacific is projected to register highest growth rate of 10.42% CAGR during the forecast period.
The oncology segment constitutes 44% of the American enteral feeding formulas market, in terms of value, followed by critical care with 21% value share. Both the segments are projected to grow at 8.7% CAGR and 9.0% CAGR respectively, during the forecast period 2018-2023.
RoW region is projected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period, followed by the APAC region, in terms of value. Rising healthcare spending and population in India and China are the key factors behind the upsurge in Asia-Pacific market for enteral feeding formulas in the coming years.
Selected / Sample Analysis done in the full Report:
- Enteral Feeding formula is an important sub-segment of clinical nutrition market. The value chain for enteral feeding has steps similar to that of clinical nutrition, but becomes more specific as it approaches the consumers.
- Research and Development is the first step in the development of any sort of nutrition, where human and plant related factors are being experimented upon. Such experiments ensure a better understanding of human diseases, genetics and metabolism that assists the developers to cross map requirements to specific plants. Also, such plants are being researched extensively to improve their quality and create a sustainable production environment.
- Sourcing is the following step that holds a significant position across the entire value chain. Farming and Ingredient Discovery are important constituents of this. The plants are harvested as per the requirements collected from R&D activities, while ingredients are also discovered in this stage. Once the plants and ingredients are obtained, the processing and manufacturing stage converts them into an edible form of products that will be either consumed orally or through tubes.
- The final product is packaged and distributed across the globe, through a chain of robust logistics chain. But as enteral feeding is a specified form of nutrition feeding, medical delegates play a vital role in providing dietitians, nurses and doctors with appropriate products and services.
To purchase or browse the table of contents of the report follow the link below:
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors Mentioned in the Full Report:
- The increasing prevalence of chronic diseases and preterm births across the globe, coupled with rapidly growing aging population propel the enteral feeding formula market.
- The number of deaths due to chronic diseases is very high in emerging countries such as India, China and Brazil. To combat the situation health authorities are bound to invest in chronic health monitoring and treatment devices which will propel the market for enteral feeding formula.
- The growing costs of in-hospital care will increase the demand for affordable home healthcare. As the aging population rises, there is a rising need to provide affordable and reliable nutrient to the terminally ill and aged, where enteral nutrition plays a major role. This is expected to create a significant demand for enteral feeding formulas as well.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the below link:
Key Players of the Enteral Feeding Formula Market:
Nestle, Abbott and Danone were analyzed to be the dominant players of the clinical formula market in 2017, constituting 75% of the overall market. These companies offer a wide range of product portfolio along with services, tailored to meet the requirements of industry verticals along with robust distribution channels, thereby augmenting their respective positions in the market. Nestle Health Science consists of General Tube Feeding Nutrition which is the Enteral feeding formula. It falls under the Condition Specific business segment. Abbott Laboratories produces several products that are used worldwide for nutrition, diagnostics, vascular and pharmaceutical purposes. Enteral products are provided under the Nutritional business segment of Abbott Laboratories. Danone produces several products that are used worldwide for hygienic water, fresh dairy products and nutrition, which includes both early life and medical nutrition.
Enteral Feeding Formula Market Report is Segmented as below.
1. Enteral Feeding Formula Market – By Type
1.2. Standard Formula
1.3. Specialty Formula
1.3.1. Renal support
1.4. Blenderized Formula
1.5. Elemental Formula
1.6. Semi-Elemental Formula
1.7. Polymeric Formula
2. Enteral Feeding Formula Market – By Age Category
3. Enteral Feeding Formula Market – By Routes of Delivery
4. Enteral Feeding Formula Market – By Flavor Type
5. Enteral Feeding Formula Market – By Form
6. Enteral Feeding Formula Market – By Application
6.2. Gastrointestinal Disease
6.3. Neurological Impairment
6.4. Pulmonary Disease
6.5. Congenital Heart Disease
6.7. Kidney Failure
6.8. Liver Disorders
6.9. Cystic Fibrosis
6.11. Short Bowel Syndrome
6.12. Inflammatory bowel disease
7. Enteral Feeding Formula Market – By End User
7.4. Nursing Homes
7.5. Home Care & Hospice Agencies
- Enteral Feeding Formula Market By Geography ( Covers 13+ Countries )
- Enteral Feeding Formula Market Entropy
Companies Cited / Interviewed
- MERCK & CO., INC.
- MEIJI HOLDINGS CO., LTD.
- B.BRAUN MELSUNGEN AG
- GLOBAL HEALTH PRODUCT INC.
- VICTUS, INC.
- ALCRESTA THERAPEUTICS INC.
- BAXTER INTERNATIONAL INC.
- FRESENIUS KABI AG
- MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION COMPANY
- Company 10+
Nutritional Premixes Market
Bakery Premixes Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Enteral Feeding Formula Market Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
- Market Size by Product Categories
- Market trends
- Manufacturer Landscape
- Distributor Landscape
- Pricing Analysis
- Top 10 End user Analysis
- Product Benchmarking
- Product Developments
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Demand Analysis ( By Revenue & Volume )
- Country level Analysis (10+)
- Competitor Analysis
- Market Shares Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Strategic Analysis
- Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- Opportunity Analysis
- Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does IndustryARC publish country, or application based reports in Enteral Feeding Formula Market?
Response: Yes, we do have separate reports and database as mentioned below
- Americas Market for Enteral Feeding Formula (2018-2023)
- Europe Market for Enteral Feeding Formula (2018-2023)
- Asia-Pacific Market for Enteral Feeding Formula (2018-2023)
- Oncology Market for Enteral Feeding Formula (2018-2023)
- Gastroenterology Market for Enteral Feeding Formula (2018-2023)
- Neurology Market for Enteral Feeding Formula (2018-2023)
- Critical care Market for Enteral Feeding Formula (2018-2023)
Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography or product chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other major customizations can be discussed with our team, we can provide a separate quote based on your requirements. You can drop in an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss more about our consulting services.
To request for a proposal provide your details in the below link:
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences & Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.