The integrated circuit is an electronic circuit array that is formed by fabrication of different electrical and electronic components like resistors, capacitors, transistors and others on a semiconductor wafer that performs operations equivalent to a large discrete electronic circuit.
The integrate circuit that operates only at a few defined levels of signal amplitude are the digital ICs. These digital ICs are designed by using multiple number of digital logic gates, multiplexers, flip flops and other electronic components of circuits. There are different types of digital ICs such as power ICs, interface ICs, logic ICs, Memory ICs among others.
Digital integrated circuits can contain wide range of logic gates, flip-flops, multiplexers, and other circuits in a few square millimetres. The small size of these circuits allows high speed and low power dissipation. Apart from it, these ICs reduces the manufacturing cost compared with board-level integration. Digital ICs consists of various components such as memory, microprocessor, microcontrollers, digital signal processing system and others.
There are different raw material used in the designing of digital integrated circuits. Mostly pure silicon is used for the designing digital integrated circuits. The raw material includes different type of dopants such as N-type dopant and P-type dopant. Majorly the N-type dopant includes phosphorus and arsenic whereas the P-type dopant include Boron and Gallium. On the basis of raw materials the global digital IC market is classified into silicon raw material, Gallium arsenide raw material and others.
Silicon (Si) – most widely used semiconductor material for ICs, due to its combination of properties and low cost. Sand that is very easily available everywhere, is reduced to very pure silicon and then shaped into wafers. Silicon is the leading semiconductor material, constituting approximately 95% of all semiconductor devices produced in the world.
The global digital IC market had been valued at USD 230.84 billion in the year 2016, which is expected to reach USD 387.82 billion by the end of the forecast period growing at ~7.64% CAGR.
The key players of digital IC market includes Samsung Corporation (South Korea), Intel Corporation (U.S.), Qualcomm Incorporated (U.S.), Toshiba Corporation (Japan), Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (Taiwan), Texas Instruments Inc (U.S.), Integrated Device Technology, Inc (U.S.), Maxim Integrated Products Inc (U.S.),Infineon Technologies Ag (Germany), Skyworks Solutions, Inc (U.S.), Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (U.S.), NXP Semiconductors N.V. (Netehrlands), Analog Devices, Inc.(U.S.), STMicroelectronics NV (Switzerland) , Broadcom Ltd (U.S.), SK Hynix, Inc (South Korea), Micron Technology Inc (U.S.), MediaTek Inc (Taiwan), and Nvidia Corporation (U.S.) among others.
Global Digital IC Market Analysis & Forecast, from 2017 to 2023
• To provide detailed analysis of the market structure along with forecast for the next ten years of the various segments and sub-segments included in global digital IC market with analysis of its development and demand in the market
• Upcoming technologies, high growth geographies and countries were identified
• Regional and country specific demand and forecast for digital IC were studied
• Key segments covered in the report are: components and end-user.
• Unit breakdown for all different classification was finalized; and same was referred for forecasting, keeping few assumptions into factor
• For all the regions, forecast demand for all applications were identified and then with historical figure, data collected through primary and annual reports were triangulated to derive the regional market size
• Historical trend is identified to forecast and estimate the future value data
• Manufacturers and Suppliers
• Digital IC Technology Solution Providers
• Research firms
• Consultancy firms
• Semiconductor Manufacturing Companies
• End-user sectors
• Technology Investors
• The Global Digital IC market is expected to reach USD 387.82 Billion by 2022.
• By Component, memory component in digital IC accounts for the largest market share and is growing with approximately ~8.97% CAGR during forecast period.
• By Raw Material, silicon sub segment holds the largest market growing with approximately 95% CAGR by the end of forecast period.
• Geographically, Asia-Pacific region has been projected to have the largest market share in global digital IC market followed by North America region, while Europe region has been projected to show a positive growth rate in digital IC market.
Regional and Country Analysis of Smart City Market Estimation and Forecast
The global digital IC market is expected to grow at a promising rate during the forecast period, 2017-2023. Asia-Pacific is one of the leading region and dominating the market owing to factors such as presence of major semiconductor industries in the region. Asia-Pacific region is also expected to grow with highest CAGR during the forecast period. North America region is showing positive growth in digital IC market owing to presence of Silicon Valley and adoption of high technological advancements in the medical industry is boosting the digital IC market in the region.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 Market Introduction
2 Research Methodology
3 Market Dynamics
3.4.1 Development of Smart Cities
4 Market Factor Analysis
5 Global Digital IC Market, By Segments
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349