Divorce and other family disruptions are among the most stressful situations one can experience. Emotions are often running high on both sides and there are usually many issues and conflicts inherent in these situations. When children are involved, their needs must also be considered in addition to the interests of the litigants. Important decisions and agreements must be made about things such as child support and custody, visitation rights, property division, mediation, relocation if one parent wants to move out of the state, and spousal support.
In cases involving the birth of a child when the parents are not married to each other, an attorney can establish paternity of the child and work out agreements for the financial support of the offspring. The negotiations involved in reaching a settlement can be very complex and are usually best handled by attorneys who are board-certified in family law. If you had a serious illness or required complicated surgery, you would certainly consult a specialist rather than a general practitioner. The law is no different, and choosing an attorney who is board-certified in family law and is familiar with the family court system can help ensure the best outcome for all parties involved.
Some things to consider when looking for a good family law attorney
Each family’s circumstances are unique, so it is important to find an attorney whose experience equips him or her to handle a variety of situations. Some things to consider include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- The lawyer’s education and credentials: where did he go to law school? Is she board-certified and if so, in which specialty? The state Bar Association is a good source for this information and can help you find the best lawyer for your particular needs. Recommendations from family and friends may also be helpful, although you will eventually have to make the final decision.
- The experience of the attorney: ideally, the lawyer should be very experienced in maneuvering through the complications of family law cases.
- Consider whether the lawyer is equally well prepared for mediation and for taking the case to court if mediation fails.
- Make sure the attorney has an adequate support staff
Areas of expertise and services by Cindy D. Sackrin
- Family law issues, such as divorce, child support, child custody, and visitation
- Assistance in obtaining a restraining order in the event of domestic violence, or in fighting a restraining order that was inappropriately ordered
- Division of property and assets
- Establishment of paternity in the event of a child born out of wedlock
- Adoption by a stepparent
- Mediation as required by law
- Court litigation
About Cindy D. Sackrin
Cindy D. Sackrin is certified by the Florida Bar as a specialist in family and marital law. Her law office is located in Hallandale Beach, FL, in Broward County. She has more than 34 years of experience and handles family legal issues exclusively.
For more information or to schedule an initial consultation without charge or obligation, contact Ms. Sackrin at 954-455-0800.
Company Name: The Law Offices of Cindy D. Sackrin
Contact Person: Cindy D. Sackrin
Email: Send Email
Address:2100 E Hallandale Beach Blvd #200
State: FL 33009
Country: United States