According to a report,“ Mortuary Equipment Market Analysis By Product (Trolleys, Refrigeration Units, Autopsy Platforms & Equipment, Embalming Workstation, Dissection Table, Accessories), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025“, published by Grand View Research, Inc., The global Mortuary Equipment Market is expected to reach USD 1.23 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand for automation in mortuary-related procedures, including autopsy, body embalming, shifting, and storage has resulted in technological advancements in these equipment. Growing usage of advanced devices is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
Key Takeaways from the report:
- The study suggests that refrigeration unit segment captured the largest share in 2016. High demand for the customized storage units and usage of different size refrigeration units for optimizing space are driving growth
- Huge focus on developing innovative technologies in autopsy devices, including platform and other accessories, used in the procedure
- Shifting preference of funeral procedures from burial to cremation in order to save costs is expected to hamper the growth rate of embalming workstation segment
- North America dominated this industry in 2015, with the U.S. capturing the largest share
- Higher demand for private morgues and faster adoption of advanced technologies are the factors driving growth in this region
- Asia pacific is expected to exhibit the fastest growth during the forecast period. Growing number of hospitals and emergence of local players are the factors expected to fuel the growth.
- Few of the major companies operating in the market include Leec Ltd; Roftek Ltd; KUGEL medical GmbH & Co. KG; SM Scientific Instruments Pvt. Ltd.; Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.; HYGECO; Mortech Manufacturing Company, Inc.; C.F. di Ciro Fiocchetti & C. s.n.c.; and Mortuary Lift Company.
Germany mortuary equipment market, by product, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
Browse More Reports in Medical Devices Industry:
Ambulance Services Market: Increasing geriatric population which may result in rising incidence of chronic diseases, the entrance of new ambulance service providers, rising medical tourism, and increasing number of road accidents are the key factors driving the ambulance services market growth.
Tissue Expander Market: The global tissue expanders market size was valued at around USD 948.6 million in 2016. This can be attributed to increase in the number of reconstruction surgeries being undertaken.
Rising opportunities in private healthcare sector provide huge scope for increase in the number of hospitals, thus, increasing the number of morgues. In addition, the entry of private morgues, which also offer funeral services, is expected to play an important role in increasing the demand for these equipment during the forecast years. Introduction of technically advanced devices that reduce procedural timings and increase convenience of the professionals is anticipated to drive the market.
In addition, cultural factors, such as funeral traditions, have varying impacts on the market growth. In regions where Christianity is dominant, the demand for private morgue services is high. On the other hand, as per Hindu and Buddhist traditions the dead are cremated; hence, in regions where other religions are prevalent, the usage of morgue, is limited to hospitals.
Grand View Research has segmented the mortuary equipment market on the basis of product and region:
Mortuary Equipment Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million 2014 – 2025)
- Refrigeration Units
- Autopsy Platforms and equipment
- Embalming Workstation
- Dissection Table
- Other Accessories
Mortuary Equipment Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States