Paper cups are made up of food grade paper and are coated or lined with wax or plastic to prevent the liquid from soaking through or leaking out of the cup. These cups are user-friendly, light-weight, non-toxic and recyclable in nature. As a result, they are widely utilized across cafes, canteens, offices, schools, colleges, hospitals and restaurants for serving food and beverage items such as tea, coffee, soups and instant noodles.
As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Paper Cups Market in Europe: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, the paper cups market in Europe reached a volume of around 57.3 Billion Units in 2018.
The thriving beverage industry is a key factor driving the market growth. Owing to factors such as increasing working population along with their hectic lifestyle, high disposable incomes and changing dietary patterns, there has been a significant rise in the takeaway coffee culture across the continent. This, along with the escalating sales of drinks including milkshakes and iced tea, is boosting the demand for paper cups. Several international coffee chains are expanding their business by opening outlets across Europe which, in turn, is driving the demand for paper cups in this region. Moreover, the potential risk of being exposed to germs through the usage of reusable cups coupled with the environmental threat posed by the use of plastic cups have led the consumers to make a shift toward sustainable use-and-throw cups, thereby augmenting the sales of paper cups across the continent. Furthermore, the declaration of a complete ban on single-use plastic cups by 2030 by the European Commission is another major growth-inducing factor for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the European paper cups market size is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 1.1% during 2019-2024, reaching a volume of 61.2 Billion Units by 2024.
Get a PDF Sample for more detailed market insights: https://www.imarcgroup.com/europe-paper-cups-market/requestsample
- Based on the cup type, the market has been bifurcated into hot and cold paper cups. Amongst these, hot paper cups represent the most popular segment.
- On the basis of the wall type, the market has been classified into single wall and double wall paper cups. At present, single wall paper cups exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the application, the tea and coffee segment accounts for the majority of the total market share. Other major segments include chilled food and beverages, and other food and beverages.
- On the geographical front, the market has been categorized into Western Europe, Southern Europe, Northern Europe and Eastern Europe. Currently, Western Europe holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.
Browse full report with detailed TOC and list of figures and tables: https://www.imarcgroup.com/europe-paper-cups-market
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Do You Have Any Query or Specific Requirement? Ask to Our Industry Expert