The global personal lubricant market size is expected to reach USD 1.6 billion by 2026, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a CAGR of 8.1%. New product launches to meet demand for natural lubricants is expected to aid market growth over the forecast period.
Emerging players are trying to capture higher share by developing lubricants made from natural and organic ingredients. Good Clean Love, Inc., an Oregon-based company in the U.S., was the first to develop organic lubricants. In November 2016, the company received a patent for its formulation of organic lubricants.
Request a Sample Copy of the Global Personal Lubricant Market Research Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/personal-lubricant-market/request/rs1
Moreover, promotional activities from manufacturers to destigmatize societal perception of using personal lubricants has positively impacted growth. For instance, in January 2019, Reckitt Benckiser’s Durex brand launched a marketing campaign on a global platform to challenge the misconceptions of using lubricants for female sexual discomfort.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Water-based lubricants dominated the market in 2018, owing to lower prices and as they are easy to wash off
- Leading brands such as Durex, Sliquid, and Astroglide retail a range of water-based lubricants with variations in flavors, pack size, and packaging
- In July 2018, Trigg Laboratories, Inc. reinvented its entire product line with new packaging and products, which had contemporary, sleek, and modern designs. It also launched a new product line—Wet Hemptation and Wet Dessert
- The growing presence of e-commerce platforms and online retailers that offer freedom to select any product and make discrete delivery has helped overcome social taboo of buying these products
- Manufacturers, retail pharmacies, and supermarkets have also launched websites for providing easy access to customers.
- Geographically, North America held the largest share in 2018. The personal lubricant market is regulated by the U.S. FDA and manufacturers must comply with good manufacturing practices, and receive 510(k) medical device clearance for marketing
- In May 2016, Trigg Laboratories received FDA approval for Wet Original Personal lubricant by meeting the provisions for labeling, good manufacturing practices and prohibitions against adulteration and misbranding
- According to U.S. Census data and National Consumer survey, in 2018, K-Y lubricants were used by 28.58 million people, aiding it to capture significant share in the U.S.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market during the forecast period. Aging population and high incidence of vaginal dryness & erectile are anticipated to drive demand.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/6423/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the global personal lubricant market based on type, distribution channel, and region:
Personal Lubricant Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
Personal Lubricant Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- Drug Stores
Personal Lubricant Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Browse Related Report:
Medical Robotic Systems Market: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/medical-robotic-systems-market
Healthcare Biometrics Market: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biometrics-in-healthcare-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States