• Schneider Electric EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS and Triconex intelligent enclosures reduce startup time by 30 percent for high-hazard industries
• Pre-engineered, pre-tested design shortens system engineering time by 25 percent while increasing control and safety system flexibility
Schneider Electric, the leader of digital transformation in energy management and automation, today revealed the newest generation of its intelligent enclosures for EcoStruxure™ Triconex® safety and EcoStruxure Foxboro® distributed control systems.
Designed for oil and gas, petrochemical, chemical and other high-hazard industrial enterprises, the new enclosures speed project execution and decrease start-up costs. The pre-engineered, pre-tested enclosures support Schneider Electric’s flexible, intelligent engineering program, which shortens project schedules and increases project execution flexibility.
The intelligent enclosure line includes:
• Schneider Electric EcoStruxure Triconex safety field mounted intelligent enclosure, designed for use outdoors (including hazardous areas) to provide the flexibility to distribute I/O where and when required.
• Schneider Electric EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS equipment room intelligent enclosure, designed to be installed in air-conditioned non-hazardous equipment room environments.
• Schneider Electric EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS field mounted intelligent enclosure, designed for use outdoors (including hazardous areas) to provide the flexibility to distribute I/O where and when required.
“Intelligent enclosures perfectly exemplify our commitment to drive investments in our core process automation technologies, with the aim of helping our customers increase operational profitability,” said Hany Fouda, vice president for process automation systems portfolio. “Traditional project designs usually undergo several iterations, which means wasted time waiting to lock the configuration into a specific I/O module. The team can then build and ship the system faster. Field wiring and control room construction can start much earlier. A faster startup means faster time to production and therefore faster time to revenue.”
The intelligent enclosures significantly reduce cabinet design time and simplify system design; require fewer drawings and documentation; and involve less engineering, review and approval cycles. Locating universal I/O in the field radically reduces the number of wiring connections and traditional marshalling cabinets needed, which in turn reduces termination manpower and costs. As a result, intelligent enclosure customers have experienced:
• 25 percent reduction in cabinet engineering design and documentation time
• 30 percent reduction in project schedules
• 30-50 percent reduction in traditional marshalling cabinets
• Intelligent System Design for Faster, Easier Commissioning
An intelligent system design across the plant starts with the intelligent enclosures. Schneider Electric’s flexible, intelligent engineering program decouples hardware from software, removing the need for full staging and Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT). Schedule risks are lowered because process data can be used earlier. Industrial engineers can leverage best practice rules, templates and virtual engineering and testing for decreased design errors and increased operational readiness.
The intelligent design then extends to commissioning. Because the intelligent enclosures and programming are consistent and managed and tested in the factory, commissioning cycle time is shortened. With the pre-designed intelligent enclosures, much of the pre-FAT requirements are either eliminated or shortened.
Designed for High-Hazard Industries
Schneider Electric’s new line of intelligent enclosures is ideal for high-hazard industries and can be connected to a wide range of field devices. Each is a pre-certified cabinet fully packaged with:
• Universal I/O modules with adaptive field termination panels
• Choice of redundant power supply voltages
• Comprehensive cabinet documentation
• Standard installation and commission guides
Schneider Electric EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS and EcoStruxure Triconex are part of the edge control portfolio of the Schneider Electric IoT enabled architecture: Schneider Electric EcoStruxure Plant. EcoStruxure is our open, interoperable, IoT-enabled system architecture and platform. EcoStruxure delivers enhanced value around safety, reliability, efficiency, sustainability, and connectivity for our customers. Schneider Electric EcoStruxure leverages advancements in IoT, mobility, sensing, cloud, analytics, and cybersecurity to deliver Innovation at Every Level. This includes Connected Products, Edge Control, and Apps, Analytics & Services which are supported by Customer Lifecycle Software. EcoStruxure has been deployed in almost 500,000 sites with the support of 20,000+ developers, 650,000 service providers and partners, 3,000 utilities and connects over 2 million assets under management.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
#SchneiderElectric #Schneider #SchneiderElectricnews #SchneiderElectricIndia