Anticipated growth over the forecast period in the DMS market is majorly driven by development in the autonomous and connected cars, increasing need to reduce road accident fatalities, technological advancements in the overall automotive industry and increasing awareness and expectations about safe driving from the customers. To bring down the road fatalities, governments of many countries are imposing stringent rules and regulations around the safety of drivers, passengers and pedestrian.
The Driver Monitoring system is based on a camera and sensors to monitor driver alertness that not only recognizes the driver, but also checks his or her level of vigilance, health, current state. The purpose of the driver monitoring system (DMS) is to alert the driver when signs of drowsiness or distraction are detected. Further, DMS is used for driver identification and control functions using the eyes. These developments will contribute to heightened safety and more intuitive use of the new generation of driver assistance functions
Get a Sample PDF copy of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2258
Though the requirement of the driver monitoring system (DMS) is bound to increase, the market is expected to face the headwinds from uncertainties in data protection, privacy concern, cyber security, infrastructural challenges in adequate deployment of the DMS. Further regulatory compliance on capture and use of driver health monitoring systems may hamper the growth of automotive driver monitoring system market over the forecast period.
During the forecast period, Europe will account for the highest share of the automotive driver monitoring system (DMS) market. The growth in the market is attributed to the extensive use of advanced driver-assisted and safety systems in regionally manufactured automobiles and improved economic conditions, rising awareness of safety and comfort amongst the customers will contribute to the automotive driver monitoring system (DMS) market growth in this region.
Salient Trends of the Market
- The global Driver Monitoring System (DMS) market was valued at USD 987 million in 2018 and is projected to witness a growth of 12.3% of CAGR during the forecasted period in 2026.
- Due to growing demand and intense competition in the market, automotive OEMs are showing interest in offering DMS by providing vehicles with higher order safety features, intelligence about the state and health of the driver which includes fatigue, cognitive load, and personalization.
- To differentiate the product offerings, automotive OEMs are expected to enter into more partnerships with medical companies, universities, and technology firms to identify new opportunities and technologies in the DMS space.
- Rise in road accidents due to driver’s fatigue, distraction, and lack of alertness coupled with drink and drive cases together helps DMS market to witness notable growth
- Driver monitoring system has major adoption among luxury car owners with small share for the premium cars. Thus, growing market of luxury cars assumed to be one of the most prominent factors influencing DMS market growth
- Europe will continue its dominance over the forecast period. Along with the increasing driver safety awareness, government initiates are likely to boost the market’s growth.
- Government initiatives such as “New Car Assistant program (NCAP)”, where driver monitoring system is listed as a primary safety system along with strict regulation regarding integration of safety systems in passenger cars are expected to rise the demand for DMS systems, in this region.
- OEMs are focusing on development of new products through software upgrade and improved picture quality. This strategy is gaining rapid traction in global DMS market
Companies Considered and Profiled:
Faurecia, Tata Elxsi, Aptiv PLC, Johnson Controls Inc, Magneti Marelli, Valeo, Continental, Bosch, Visteon, Denso and others.
Segments Covered in the Report
This report forecasts industry trends for the global driver monitoring system (DMS) market for the years 2019-2026. 2016-17 are used for historical data analysis while 2018 as the base year. For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the industry by Monitoring type, by Components, by Instrument, by Vehicle Type and by Region:
Driver Monitoring System (DMS) by Monitoring Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- Driver State Monitoring
- Drowsiness and Fatigue Monitoring
- Drunk Driving Monitoring
- Driver Alertness/Distraction Monitoring
- Identity Recognition
- Driver Health Monitoring
- Blood Pressure
- Body Temperature
- Pulse Rate
Driver Monitoring System (DMS) by Component (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- Interior Camera
- Pressure Mats
- Steering Angle Sensors
- Gas Sensors
- Biometric Sensors
Driver Monitoring System (DMS) by Instrument (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
Driver Monitoring System (DMS) by Vehicle Types (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- Passenger Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicles
Browse full report description @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/driver-monitoring-system-dms-market
Region (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States