Chattanooga, Tenn. – The Chattanooga auto accident attorneys at The Davis Firm LLC, have published a list of important steps that victims of car accidents should follow in the aftermath of a wreck.
“None of us ever expects to be involved in an accident,” says attorney Scott N. Davis, the firm’s founder. “But if they are, there are tips that lawyers can share to prevent crash victims from accidentally making mistakes which could be detrimental to any legal claim they want to pursue in the future.”
The Chattanooga Auto Accident Lawyer compiled the following checklist to help victims protect their legal interests. Attorney Katrina Davis advises the public to print it out or store it on their mobile devices for easy reference if the worst happens.
The tips include:
- Always report any accident to the police. Police officers will make an independent official report, which can be referred to in a future court case.
- Always seek medical attention. Even if your injuries appear to be relatively minor, some serious injuries can have a delayed onset. Failure to seek timely treatment can also be used against you in an insurance claim.
- Take pictures at the accident scene. Get photos of all of the vehicles involved before they are moved, provided that you are not putting yourself or anyone else in danger.
- Exchange contact information. Get the name, address, phone number and insurance information from every driver involved in the wreck. Also obtain the contact information for any witnesses.
- Write down your memories of the accident. Include what happened, a physical description of the other driver(s) and how many people in total were involved in the accident.
- Inform your insurance company. You are only obligated to give them basic information about the crash. Don’t agree to give a recorded statement without seeking legal advice.
- Contact an experienced auto accident attorney. If you’ve been injured, you may be entitled to compensation to offset the cost of your medical expenses, lost income and other damages.
- Document your injuries. Take photographs of your injuries as time progresses, because a small bruise can transform over a few days to something much bigger.
- Keep your records. Every receipt and medical bill that you pay after an accident may be compensated in a successful auto accident claim. Keep all documentation and submit it to your car accident lawyer, including proof of any lost wages.
“These simple steps can help maximize any potential claim you or a family member may have in the future,” says Katrina Davis. “They can also help you keep a clear head in the wake of a crash.”
The Davis Firm, LLC, also known as NoogaLaw are accident attorneys committed to serving individuals and families throughout Tennessee and Georgia who have been injured due to someone else’s negligence.
For more information about the law firm and the legal services they provide, visit their website at https://www.noogalaw.com/
Company Name: The Davis Firm, LLC
Contact Person: Scott N. Davis
Email: Send Email
Phone: (423) 756-3591
Address:1020 Dallas Rd
Country: United States