“Why do I tend to get fatter in winter, AGAIN?” Many people complain about the overweight issue every winter. Well, indeed, it’s easier to gain weight in winter than in summer, because the body requires more energy to keep out the cold and people just want to lie on the bed. In addition, people eat a lot on Christmas Day and gain more weight.
But you know what? Winter is also an ideal season to lose weight. Due to the cold weather, the body consumes more energy and easily lose weight without doing exercise … Here are four useful tips to stay fit and even lose your weight in winter without sweat:
1. Eat the right food
It’s important to choose the right food for weight loss, such as eat all things fresh, unsweetened whole-grain cereals; eat enough protein to stabilize blood sugar; drink low-fat or fat-free milk, green tea, herbal teas and 100% fresh juice; etc. In short, make sure to follow these two rules: First, avoid high-calorie foods such as sweets, fried foods, and red meat; second, eat more vegetables and fruits, and drinks with little or no added sugars, so as to achieve better results.
2. Stop unhealthy food
Don’t eat unhealthy food and distance yourself from the food immediately after eating. There are some rules you need to follow:
(1) Never touch the leftovers at midnight;
(2) Do not store snacks at home;
(3) Do not eat when watching TV;
(4) Try not to be alone and keep yourself busy so you won’t get bored and eat snacks;
(5) Stay away from the snack area of the supermarket when shopping;
(6) Stick some post-it notes on your refrigerator to remind yourself of the weight loss program.
3. Eat slowly, chew slowly
Eating fast is not good for digestion, because it offers your body no time to recognize that your sensing satisfaction and you will eat more. To lose more weight in winter, you need to eat slowly. Here are some tips for slowing eating:
(1) Only eat in the kitchen and sit down to eat without distractions;
(2) Use a smaller plates to make the food seem bigger;
(3) Drink some water or a little soup before meals so you will feel fuller and eat less;
(4) Do not use a smartphone at mealtime;
(5) Chew your food about 20 times before swallowing, and enjoy each mindful bite;
(6) Spend about 20 minutes to have a meal and allow your brain to send out signals of satiety.
4. Improve your eating environment with music
Here comes the most romantic part: studies have found that listening to sweet music at mealtime can help you burn calories. Music will affect people’s appetite and greatly reduce people’s intake of sweets. Plus, music can also help you release the stress and decrease the desire for food. Before eating, you can play Mozart or other soft background music to build a nice eating atmosphere. It will help you enjoy the food better, and eat slowly.
It’s highly recommended to put a special best Bluetooth speaker 2019 on the dining table so you can enjoy music easily when eating, such as AXLOIE Mega portable speaker with RGB LED indicators that strengthen the sense of tranquility. You can switch different lighting modes between Moonlight and Colorful light and immerse yourself into beautiful tunes and feel relaxed, so you will get satisfied easily by the flavors of your food.
Lastly but not least, make sure to follow the tips above and change a little every day, you will definitely lose weight in winter, at least won’t get fatter.