The global Acute Hospital Care Market is expected to reach USD 4.0 trillion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a CAGR of 6.7% over the forecast period. Market growth can be attributed to a significant increase in number of patients suffering from chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and stroke. Increase in incidence of trauma, demand for acute hospitals; patient volume, including, geriatric demographic; and unmet medical needs is expected to boost growth. In addition, technological advancements for improving quality of treatment to reduce Length of Stay (LOS) and achieve a faster Turnaround Time (TOT) are expected to aid growth.
Rise in demand for such hospitals is likely to create opportunities for players. Large hospitals are further addressing the increase in demand by building more facilities. These include HCA Healthcare, Inc.; Tenet Healthcare Corporation; & Community Health Systems, Inc. in the U.S. and Fresenius Medical Care & Ramsay Healthcare in Europe.
Request a Sample Copy of the Global Acute Hospital Care Market Research Report@ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/acute-hospital-care-market/request/rs1
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Based on medical conditions, emergency care dominated the market in 2018, due to increase in number of patients at hospitals seeking admission for shorter durations. This includes cases of trauma, injury, respiratory disorders, or cardiac problems such as acute myocardial infarction.
- Furthermore, availability of higher reimbursement for treatment, when compared with other facilities, supports segment growth
- Based on facilities, general acute care facilities held the largest share in 2018, due to majority of admission cases requiring short-term emergency medical attention.
- Patients suffering from acute illnesses, diseases, or injuries are first admitted to these facilities
- Psychiatric hospitals offering acute psychiatric treatment to patients are expected to grow at the fastest rate over the forecast period. This can be attributed to the increase in prevalence of stroke due to risk factors such as increase in smoking & alcohol consumption and poor lifestyle choices
- ICUs dominated the service segment in 2018, owing to increase in number of patients seeking intensive monitoring and round-the-clock nursing.
- Hospitals are investing in specialized ICUs for specific issues pertaining to cardiology and surgical & medical needs. NICU is expected to be one of the fastest growing segments over the forecast period
- The acute hospital care market has recently experienced expansion of facilities through mergers & acquisitions by key players, which, combined various services, increased overall market revenue
- Some key players are Tenet Healthcare Corporation; Fresenius Medical Care; Ramsay Healthcare; Asklepios Kliniken GmbH; Universal Health Services, Inc.; HCA Healthcare, Inc.; Community Health Systems, Inc.; Ascension Health; IHH Healthcare; Mediclinic International; Legacy Lifepoint Health, Inc.; and Ardent Health Services
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts@ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/6498/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the global acute hospital care market based on medical condition, facility type, service, and region:
Acute Hospital Care Medical Condition Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 – 2026)
- Emergency Care
- Short-term Stabilization
- Trauma Care
- Acute Care Surgery
Acute Hospital Care Facility Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 – 2026)
- General Acute Care Hospitals
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Specialized Hospitals
- Rehabilitation Hospitals
- Long-term Acute Care (LTAC)
Acute Hospital Care Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 – 2026)
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Coronary Care Unit (CCU)
Acute Hospital Care Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 – 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
Browse Related Reports @
Hospital Services Market: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/hospital-services-market
U.S. Hospital Consumables Market: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/us-hospital-consumables-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States