Downstream Processing Market Growth & Trends
The global downstream processing market size is expected to reach USD 69.6 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2021 to 2028. The capacity requirements during the development of biologic drugs have changed over the past few years, wherein the demand for manufacturing high-volume products has shifted to developing small-volume, high potency products. This creates new avenues for single-use technologies.
As adoption of small-scale, single-use systems for process development and downstream processing is already high, evolutionary changes are expected in the area of single-use technologies for manufacturing small-volume, highly potent drugs. The development of novel film chemistries, closed systems, automation in clinical-scale single-use systems, and smart sensors are some noteworthy advancements in the field.
A rise in applications of downstream processing for the manufacture of biopharmaceuticals is expected to bring growth opportunities to the market. This has also led to an increase in strategic deals and development in the market. For instance, in February 2021, Evozyne, LLC collaborated with a leading rare disorders drug manufacturer for the manufacture and marketing of novel biopharmaceuticals for immune modulation.
Browse full report with Table of Content @: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/downstream-processing-market
Downstream Processing Market Report Highlights
- Chromatography systems accounted for the largest revenue share of products owing to the high adoption of chromatography for biopharmaceutical purification
- The advent of single-use chromatography systems that bring an 80.0% reduction of the use of water and chemicals for buffer has further increased the adoption of chromatography for downstream processing of bio-therapeutics
- Filters are anticipated to grow at a lucrative rate. Efforts taken by key players to develop intelligent membranes for purification and separation fuels this growth
- Purification by chromatography accounted for the largest share of the global market, as it can be employed across all steps of a downstream process. The technique is also crucial in bioprocessing to obtain pure biologics
- Solid-liquid separation is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate owing to the use of filtration and chromatography techniques for efficient separation
- Antibiotic production dominated the revenue generation in 2020 owing to the wide use of antibiotics for the treatment of a variety of clinical disorders including infectious diseases and cancer
- A rise in occurrences of antibiotic resistance also propels the industrial-scale development of novel antibiotic candidates
- North America dominated the regional segment in 2020 owing to the local presence of large in-house biopharmaceutical manufacturing facilities
- Asia Pacific registered the fastest growth rate owing to rise in contract development services in emerging Asian economies
- Key players are investing in the bioprocessing of vaccines and therapies for COVID-19 to increase their market share
- In October 2020, Thermo Fisher Scientific announced a USD 700 million investment in CAPEX to cater to COVID-related demand in the biopharma market
For Requesting a Sample Copy of This Report, Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/downstream-processing-market/request/rs1
Downstream Processing Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global downstream processing market on the basis of product, technology, application, and region:
Downstream Processing Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Chromatography Systems
Downstream Processing Technique Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Cell Disruption
- Solid-liquid separation
- Membrane filtration
- Purification by Chromatography
Downstream Processing Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Antibiotic Production
- Hormone Production
- Antibodies Production
- Enzyme Production
- Vaccine Production
List of Key Players of Downstream Processing Market
- GE Healthcare
- Merck KGaA
- Sartorius Stedim Biotech S.A.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- 3M Company
- Eppendorf AG
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Corning Corporation
- Lonza Group Ltd
- Dover Corporation
- Ferner PLC
- Ashai Kasei
Inquire more or share questions if any before the purchase on this report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/5453/ibb
Browse More Related Report: Cell Lysis & Disruption Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Protein Isolation, Downstream Processing), By Cell Type, By Technique, By Product, By End Use, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States