DelveInsight added a report on the “Lactose Intolerance Market“. It covers an overview, its causes, signs and symptoms, and therapies. Major players are involved in developing therapies for Lactose Intolerance. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Lactose Intolerance market.
Lactose Intolerance Overview
Lactose Intolerance (LI) is defined as a clinical syndrome characterized by pain and abdominal distention, flatulence, and diarrhea that occurs after lactose consumption. These symptoms—produced by malabsorption of lactose, a sugar found in milk and other dairy products—often result in avoidance of dairy products by afflicted individuals.
Some of the key highlights of the Lactose Intolerance Market Report
- According to DelveInsight, the total prevalent cases of Lactose Intolerance (LI) in the 7MM was found to be 226,677,104 in 2017.
- As per DelveInsight assessments, the majority of cases of Lactose Intolerance are mild followed by moderate to severe.
- Increase in general awareness of people towards lactose intolerance has led to the creation of various lactose free products, which will continue to evolve in the coming future.
- Lactose intolerance companies includes such as Ritter Pharmaceuticals, and several others.
- Lactose intolerance therapies included such as RP‐G28, and several others
Download sample report @ Lactose Intolerance Market Share
Lactose Intolerance Symptoms
- Nausea, and sometimes, vomiting
- Stomach cramps
Lactose Intolerance Cause
Lactose intolerance is mainly caused by genome-diet interaction and depends not only on the expression of lactase enzyme but also on the dose of lactose intake, intestinal flora, gastrointestinal motility, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. Along with this, the sensitivity of the gastrointestinal tract to generate gas and other fermentation products due to lactose digestion.
Lactose Intolerance Types
There are two types of lactose intolerance in babies: primary and secondary lactose intolerance. Primary lactose intolerance (or congenital lactose intolerance) is a very rare genetic condition. While, secondary lactose intolerance occurs when the gut lining (where lactase is produced) is damaged.
The most widely recommended strategy for management or treatment of symptoms in patients with LI is exclusion of milk and dairy products from their diet, since this approach seems to alleviate the symptoms caused by the disease. However, it is known that complete exclusion of such products is not necessary since most of these individuals can tolerate up to 12 g of lactose in a single dose and have a good tolerance for fermented dairy products. Observational studies report improvement of abdominal complaints, with lactose restriction in up to 85% of IBS patients with lactose malabsorption; however, in randomized controlled trials, no significant improvement has been found with dietary or enzyme-replacement treatment.
Get in-depth information about Lactose Intolerance Market Size
Lactose Intolerance Market Outlook
According to DelveInsight analysis, the market size of Lactose Intolerance in the 7MM is USD 9,688.54 million in 2017, which is increases during the study period (2017-2028).The United States accounts for the highest market size of Lactose Intolerance in comparison to the other major markets i.e., EU5 countries (the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain),and Japan. Among the EU5 countries, Italy had the highest market size in 2017, while Germany had the lowest market size of Lactose Intolerance.
Lactose Intolerance Emerging Therapies
Talking about the emerging therapies, presently, there are not many pharma giants that are working for this indication, and only of the company is working towards the development of therapy in late stage of development. Ritter Pharmaceuticals is developing novel therapeutic products that modulate the human gut microbiome to treat gastrointestinal diseases. Their lead product, RP-G28, has the potential to become the first FDA-approved treatment for lactose intolerance. The product stimulates the growth of lactose-metabolizing bacteria in the colon, which reduces lactose-derived gas production and thereby mitigates the symptoms of lactose intolerance in the process.
Lactose Intolerance Market Report Scope
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Lactose Intolerance, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Lactose Intolerance epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Lactose Intolerance is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of the Lactose Intolerance market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Lactose Intolerance market
Request Sample Report @ Lactose Intolerance Market Outlook
Table of content
1. Key Insights
2. Executive Summary of Lactose Intolerance
3. Competitive Intelligence Analysis for Lactose Intolerance
4. Lactose Intolerance: Market Overview at a Glance
5. Lactose Intolerance: Disease Background and Overview
6. Patient Journey
7. Lactose Intolerance Epidemiology and Patient Population
8. Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
9. Lactose Intolerance Unmet Needs
10. Key Endpoints of Lactose Intolerance Treatment
11. Lactose Intolerance Marketed Products
12. Lactose Intolerance Emerging Therapies
13. Lactose Intolerance: Seven Major Market Analysis
14. Attribute analysis
15. 7MM: Market Outlook
16. Access and Reimbursement Overview of Lactose Intolerance
17. KOL Views
18. Market Drivers
19. Market Barriers
21. DelveInsight Capabilities
23. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for the life science vertical and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Yash Bhardwaj
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States