DelveInsight’s Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast 2032” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease Market Size and Share in the 7MM (i.e. the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan).
The Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease market report covers emerging drugs, current treatment practices, market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted market size from 2019 to 2032. It also evaluates the current treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers & barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assess the underlying potential of the market.
Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease: Overview
Degenerative Disk Disease is a common disorder that is characterized by progressive degeneration of the intervertebral disc; rendering them deformed and mechanically dysfunctional. It is a catchall phrase for a number of structural changes of the spine, such as loss of disc height, disc bulges, hydration, and impingement of nerves in the spine, among others.
Get access to a free copy of our latest sample report @ https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/lumbar-degenerative-disc-disease-ddd-market
Some of the key facts of the Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease Market Report
- As per findings from the secondary domain, females are most commonly affected in the case of Degenerative Disk Disease.
- As per the study conducted by Bruin et al. (2018), Degenerative changes were found in 456/648 patients (70.4%). Degenerated discs and Schmorls nodes had the highest prevalence and were present in 278/648 patients (42.9%) and 238/648 patients (36.7%), respectively. More male patients had degenerative changes (226/303 (74.6%) males vs 230/345 (66.7%) females (p=0.03)), and this difference is almost completely explained by the higher prevalence of Schmorls nodes (136/303 (44.9%) males and 102/345 (29.6%) females). The prevalence of other degenerative changes on both MRI and radiograph were comparable in both genders. On radiographs, degenerative changes were found in 191/648 patients (29.5%). Male and female patients were equally represented; 92/303 men (30.4%) and 99/345 women (28.7%) (p=0.2). Prevalence of degeneration was lower on radiographs compared with MRI; loss of disc height was most prevalent on the radiographs and was found in 153/648 patients (23.6%).
- Chronic low back pain (CLBP) affects approximately 10-15% of the adult population, equivalent to more than 30 million people in the United States and almost 40 million people across the EU5. Also, as per the research study conducted by Michael et al. (2011) and Bao-Gan Peng (2013) approximately 7 million patients in each of the United States and EU-5 are thought to suffer from CLBP caused by degenerative disc disease.
Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease market size is anticipated to increase during the study period owing to the increasing incident population and rising awareness of Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease in the 7MM. The expected launch of emerging therapies and the research and development activities of pharmaceutical companies will also fuel the market growth during the forecast period.
The market outlook section of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease market size by analyzing the impact of current and emerging therapies in the market. It also provides a detailed assessment of the market drivers & barriers, unmet needs, and emerging technologies.
The report gives a thorough detail of the Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease market trend for each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapies by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria, mechanism of action (MoA), competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders.
Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease Market Insights
The radiographic findings of DDD can be found in 40% of individuals younger than 30 and in more than 90% of individuals older than 50 years of age. DDD can be treated pharmacologically with opiates, steroids, or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Likewise, other conservative measures such as physical therapy and corticosteroid injections are frequently prescribed. However, these measures do not treat the underlying cause of the degenerative process and do not slow the natural progression of the disease
Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease Treatment Market
Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD) and the resulting low back pain impart a large socio-economic impact on the health care system. The treatments for degenerative disc disease are either passive (done to the patient) or active (done by the patient). Usually, a combination of treatments is used to help control the symptoms. Passive treatments are rarely effective on their own—some active component, such as exercise, is almost always required. Passive treatments for low back pain from degenerative disc disease may include: Pain medication, Epidural injections, Artificial disk replacement, Diskectomy and spinal fusion, among others.
Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease Epidemiology
The epidemiology section covers insights about the historical and current Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease patient pool and forecasted trends for every seven major countries (7MM) from 2019 to 2032. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. The epidemiology section also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease Drugs & Pipeline Development Activities
The drugs uptake section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period. The analysis covers Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
Report’s Drugs Uptake section helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allow the comparison of the drugs on the basis of market share and size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
The report also covers the Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease Pipeline Development Activities and provides valuable insights about different therapeutic candidates in Phase II, and Phase III stages and the key companies in the market involved in developing targeted therapeutics. It also analyses the recent Development such as collaborations, acquisitions, and mergers, licensing patent details, and other information for emerging therapies.
Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease Emerging Therapy Assessment
The dynamics of the Degenerative Disk Disease (DDD) market is anticipated to change in the coming years owing to the improvement in the rise in number of healthcare spending across the world. Key players, such as DiscGenics, Kuros Biosciences, Mesoblast, Ankasa Therapeutics, etc. are involved in developing drugs for Degenerative Disk Disease (DDD) and associated conditions.
Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease Companies includes-
- Mesoblast and Gruenthal
- DiscGenics, and others
Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease Therapies includes-
- IDCT, and others
View Detailed Report of key players and therapies @ https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/lumbar-degenerative-disc-disease-ddd-market
- Rich emerging pipeline
- Increasing Incidence
- Increasing cause of low back pains & neck pain in adults and increasing geriatric population
Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease Market Barriers
- Impact on quality of life of the patient
- Failure to recognize the condition delays commencement of more appropriate care
Table of content
- Key Insights
- Executive Summary
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis
- Market Overview at a Glance
- Disease Background and Overview
- Patient Journey
- Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Key Endpoints of Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease Treatment
- Marketed Products
- Emerging Therapies
- Seven Major Market Analysis
- Attribute analysis
- 7MM: Market Outlook
- Access and Reimbursement Overview
- KOL Views
- Market Drivers
- Market Barriers
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for life science vertical and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Yash Bhardwaj
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States