E-bike Market Overview
The e-bike market was valued at USD 26.73 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 53.53 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 12.27% during the forecast period (2022 – 2027). With the increasing consumer preference toward recreational and adventure activities, the adoption of e-bike applications in several sectors, like logistics and e-bike rental services, is expected to drive the market during the forecast period. With the continually growing environmental and health concerns, due to the increasing emission levels, the governments and international organizations worldwide are enacting stringent emission norms to reduce carbon emission levels.
Download free sample here – E-bike market
E-bike market – Geographical Overview
The European region is expected to play a key role in the e-bike market during the forecast period. The European region was dominated by Germany, followed by France and Italy. The European market for e-bikes is an extremely fragmented one, with major players, like Giant Bicycles, Accell Group, Riese & Muller, and M1 Sporttechnik, holding less than 20% of the total market share.
Some of the major factors driving the growth of the market are – increasing awareness of environment-friendly transportation options such as e-bikes, cycle-to-work schemes (with schemes offering limits above the established EUR 1000 cap), and EUR 2 million commitment from the government for cargo bike subsidies. Gazelle, one of the subsidiaries of PonBike Group, developed a cargo e-bike GazellD10 model with joint-partners, namely Alucaand DOCKR (mobility as a services (MaaS) start-up). The new cargo e-bike known as light electrical freight transporter (LEFT), accommodates up to two standard carriage boxes with Euro Pallet dimensions (1,200*800*1,100 millimeter), capable of carrying a volume of one cubic meter and load capacity of 100 kg. The LEFT is equipped with a 250-watt Bosch Performance CX motor, along with a 1000 WH battery.
Check our other latest reports on –
- Europe E-bike Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 – 2027)
- E-Bike Battery Pack Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 – 2027)
Global Developments in the E-bike market
- In January 2022, TVS Motor Company announced that it has completed the successful acquisition of a 75 percent stake in the electric bike manufacturer Swiss E-Mobility Group (SEMG). SEMG is a market-leading provider of e-mobility solutions within the DACH region, operating the largest e-bike retail chain M-way in Switzerland. The acquisition will provide a further boost to TVS expansion in Europe through a portfolio of brands that also include Norton Motorcycles and EGO Movement, which were recently acquired.
- In February 2022, Bordeaux-based company Gouach attracted funding of 3.3 million euros to boost the launch of its repairable batteries. Gouach is on a mission to enable sustainable and environmentally soft mobility. The battery has been entirely designed and fabricated in France, which further increases sustainability vision. Further, it’s is repairable in less than 10 minutes makes it perfect for reducing the maintenance cost.
- In February 2022, Hero Cycles Ltd. opened a Lectro’s experience center. The experience center will meet the needs of customers while also displaying the company’s products. Buyers will be able to compare e-cycles based on their functions. It covers commuting, exercise, and adventure, among other things. Customers may explore and test different models of Hero Lectro’s e-cycles at the store’s test-ride section.
- In 2022, Raleigh has revised its entire Motus-e-bike range for the coming FY22, which carries an improved range, new designs, and surprisingly consumer favorable price tags. Each model is well equipped with a near-silent 400 WH Bosch Active Line motor which is also used by other famous brands including Canyon, Cannondale, Trek, and Kona.
Related Reports and Links
- United Kingdom E-bike Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 – 2027)
- North America E-bike Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 – 2027)
List of Key Players in the E-bike market
- Giant Bicycles Co. Ltd
- Merida Industry Co. Ltd
- Riese & Muller
- Fritzmeier Systems GmbH & Co. KG (M1 Sporttechnik)
- Yamaha Bicycles
- Trek Bikes
- Cannondale Bicycle Corporation
- VanMoof BV
- Ampler Bikes
- Tron X-Motors
- Brose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co. KG
- BMZ GmbH
- Panasonic Corporation
- Samsung SDI Co. Ltd
- LG Chem
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Shimano Inc.
*List Not Exhaustive
Mordor Intelligence has segmented the global e-bike market based on propulsion, application, battery type, power, and geography:
- Propulsion (Market Size & Forecast based on Revenue (USD billion), 2018-2027)
- Application (Market Size & Forecast based on Revenue (USD billion), 2018-2027)
- Trekking (E-mountain Bikes/e-MTB)
- Battery Type (Market Size & Forecast based on Revenue (USD billion), 2018-2027)
- Lithium-ion Battery
- Lead-acid Battery
- Power (Market Size & Forecast based on Revenue (USD billion), 2018-2027)
- Less than and Equal to 250W
- Above 250W
- Geography (Market Size & Forecast based on Revenue (USD billion), 2018-2027)
- North America
- United States
- Rest of North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of the World
- South America
- Middle-East and Africa
- North America
About Mordor Intelligence
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. Our mission is to map complex business ecosystems across the globe to better predict butterfly effects. To date, we have partnered with 4000+ enterprises across 20 industries, to deliver precise data and actionable insights in over 6000 projects. Our domain-specific teams of research experts continuously track markets, enabling our clients to gain a competitive edge through high-quality market intelligence.
We offer fully tailored intelligence solutions to meet the unique business requirements of any organization. Our deep industry expertise coupled with cross-functional analyst teams ensures we can support the intelligence requirements of even the most specific of business problems.
Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Private Limited
Contact Person: Sai Teja
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 617-765-2493
Address:5th Floor, Rajapushpa Summit, Nanakramguda Rd, Financial District, Gachibowli
State: Telangana 500008