Pressure Sensor Industry Overview
The global pressure sensor market was valued at USD 17.81 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 26.44 billion by 2030, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4% over the forecast period.
The market growth can be attributed to the rising demand for energy-efficient pressure sensors for consumer electronics, automotive, and portable healthcare wearables. Pressure sensors are witnessing significant growth, owing to their increasing use across industries for applications such as alarm systems, water purifiers, medical breathing appliances, refrigeration systems, and off-road constructions. Moreover, people are moving towards more automation-based solutions and services, which also leads to an increasing focus on IoT-based devices due to their innovative and advanced applications.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Pressure Sensor Market
The growing use of pressure sensors in household appliances such as refrigerators and washing machines is driving the demand for pressure sensors. Numerous pressure sensor providers are also focusing on developing innovative products aimed at providing a better customer experience. For instance, in March 2021, Bosch Sensortec, a pressure sensor provider, launched BMP384, which is a robust barometric pressure sensor. BMP384 is a high-performance and low-consumption sensor, which makes it ideal for home appliances, wearables, and industrial applications in harsh environments.
Various companies across the globe are focusing on providing pressure sensors for IoT systems. Pressure sensors are used in IoT systems to monitor devices and systems driven by pressure signals. For instance, in July 2020, Yokogawa Electric Corporation, electrical engineering, and software company announced the introduction of new temperature and pressure sensors for the Sushi Sensor wireless industrial IoT solutions in North America, Europe, and specific Southeast Asian markets. These sensors offered equipment condition monitoring based on wider plant data and enabled the detection of signs of equipment abnormalities at an early stage.
In recent years, the automotive industry has been undergoing a technology transition with an increasing focus on comfort and safety, which provides ample opportunities for the development of these pressure sensors. At the same time, increasing sensor-rich applications in drones, autonomous vehicles, and AR/VR equipment are further accelerating the need for MEMS pressure sensors. Moreover, the increasing military spending across regions is also paving the way for technologies like drones and uncrewed aerial vehicles (UAVs). Such factors bode well for the growth of the market during the forecast period. Several OEMs have started using MEMS pressure sensors in smartphones, tablets, and wearables. For instance, Samsung has integrated pressure sensors in its flagship phone, the Galaxy S4. Other handset makers, such as Sony Mobile Communications AB, Apple Inc., and Xiaomi Inc., have also started using MEMS pressure sensors in their respective smartphones. Consumers’ preference for compact consumer electronics and the advances in MEMS technology have also enabled the development of sensors that are smaller in size. As a result, the adoption of MEMS pressure sensors in consumer electronics is growing. MEMS technology enables the integration of sensors, actuators, mechanical components, and other electronics on a single silicon or germanium base.
The COVID-19 pandemic adversely impacted the pressure sensor market, owing to the disruptions in the supply chain activities of the automotive industries. The pandemic has posed significant challenges for supply chains worldwide. The varying degrees of lockdowns imposed globally during the early phase of the COVID-19 pandemic slowed down or temporarily stopped the flow of finished goods and raw materials, thus disrupting the manufacturing sector across the globe.
Pressure Sensor Market Segmentation
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Absolute Pressure Sensors, Differential Pressure Sensors, and Gauge Pressure Sensors.
- The absolute pressure sensor segment dominated the market in 2021 and accounted for more than 46% share of the global revenue.
- The differential pressure sensor segment is anticipated to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
Based on the Type Insights, the market is segmented into Wired and Wireless.
- The wired segment dominated the market in 2021 and accounted for more than 85.0% share of the global revenue. A wired pressure sensor is available in different technologies, such as photoelectric, capacitive, and inductive.
- The wireless segment is expected to register the fastest growth during the forecast period. The benefits offered by wireless pressure sensors, such as ease of portability, enhanced safety, and cost-effectiveness, are expected to drive the growth of the segment.
Based on the Technology Insights, the market is segmented into Piezoresistive, Electromagnetic, Capacitive, Resonant Solid-state, Optical, and Others.
- The piezoresistive segment dominated the market in 2021 and accounted for more than 25% share of the global revenue.
- The electromagnetic segment is anticipated to register the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Piezoresistive pressure sensors are used in a wide range of aerospace and industrial applications, owing to their robustness, rapid response time, and high frequency.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Automotive, Oil & Gas, Consumer Electronics, Medical, Industrial, and Others.
- The automotive segment dominated the market in 2021 and accounted for more than 27% share of the global revenue. Pressure sensors are used in electric cars to stop the doors from catching fingers.
- The industrial segment is anticipated to register the fastest growth during the forecast period. Differential pressure sensors are used for monitoring process flows where fluid needs to pass through barriers such as a filter.
Based on the Regional Insights, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific regional market dominated the pressure sensor market in 2021 and accounted for over 38.0% share of the global revenue.
- North America is expected to emerge as the fastest-growing regional market during the forecast period. The North American regional market is projected to witness growth, owing to the high demand for pressure sensors in TPMS and EGR system applications in the automotive segment.
Market Share Insights
- June 2018: ABB acquired GE Industrial Solutions (GEIS) for enhancing its position in electrification and expanding its presence in the region.
- January 2018: Continental AG launched the second generation of high-temperature sensors and differential pressure sensors in the Chinese market.
Key Companies Profile:
The key players are focused on enhancing their product offerings to better cater to the changing needs of users and stay competitive. Some of the prominent players in the global pressure sensor market are:
- City Technology Ltd.
- Dynament Ltd.
- Figaro Engineering Inc.
- Membrapor AG.
- Nemoto & Co., Ltd.
- Robert Bosch LLC.
- ABB Ltd.
- Siemens AG.
- GfG Europe Ltd
Order a free sample PDF of the Pressure Sensor Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a full-time market research and consulting company registered in San Francisco, California. The company fully offers market reports, both customized and syndicates, based on intense data analysis. It also offers consulting services to business communities and academic institutions and helps them understand the global and business scenario to a significant extent. The company operates across multitude of domains such as Chemicals, Materials, Food and Beverages, Consumer Goods, Healthcare, and Information Technology to offer consulting services.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States