Surgical Site Infection Overview
Surgical Site Infections (SSI) are the most common nosocomial infection and frequently cause morbidity and mortality among inpatients of hospitals. The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) define SSI as postoperative infection occurring within 30 days of a surgical procedure (or within one year for permanent implants).
SSIs are classified as either incisional or organ/space, with incisional SSIs being further subclassified as superficial (involving only skin and subcutaneous tissue) versus deep (involving underlying soft tissue). Bacteria have mainly been associated with SSIs, and Staphylococcus aureus has been the most frequently reported causative agent.
The Surgical Site Infection (SSI) market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted SSI symptoms market size from 2018 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current Surgical Site Infection (SSI) symptoms treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assess the underlying potential of the market.
Request for sample– https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/surgical-site-infections-ssi-market
Some of the key highlights of the surgical site infection market report
- According to Delveinsight, total SSI cases in the 7MM was estimated to be 1.1 million in 2017 and is expected to grow by 2030.
- Assessments by DelveInsight’s analysts reveal that the United States accounted for highest incident cases of SSI as compared to EU5 countries and Japan.
- Among the sub-types, superficial SSI had the maximum number of cases followed by organ/space and deep SSI cases.
- Destiny Pharma
- Menarini Group Pharma
- Botanix Pharma
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
- Zurex Pharma
Surgical Site Infection Market: Factors
Various factors contribute to the risk of SSI occurrence, and preventative measures require an integrative approach that focuses on pre-, intra- and post-operative care. Several patient characteristics have been shown to have a significant, independent association for SSI prediction. These include, but are not limited to, diabetes, cigarette smoking, obesity, and coincident remote site infections or colonization.
The market segment of this report is categorized into two sections: prophylactic therapy drug market from overall surgical procedures and surgical site infection (SSI) treatment drug market from SSI patient pool. The global therapeutic market of SSI treatment was estimated to be USD 855 million in 2017. Also, the total market size for prophylaxis treatment was USD 863 Million in 2017. The United States accounted for the highest share of both the market types among the 7MM, which was estimated to be USD 554 Million and USD 306 Million in SSI treatment and Prophylaxis, respectively, in 2017.
Surgical Site Infection Market: Forecast
The market forecast section of prophylactic therapy solely focuses on the market revenue generated by the topical or oral or injectable prophylactic antibiotics used for preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative procedures. The prophylactic therapy drug market is dominated by generic antibiotics, and most common drugs include antibiotics such as Cefazolin, Vancomycin, Cefuroxime, Clindamycin, Cefotetan, Metronidazole and Gentamicin. On the other hand, SSI treatment drug market is based on antibiotics such as Vancomycin and Linezolid (Cardiothoracic/related leg SSI) and Tigecycline IV (Abdominal SSI). Due to their easy availability and reach, these drugs have a higher rate of penetration in the market, thereby adding up to the total revenue generated.
Surgical Site Infection Market: Emerging Drugs
The dynamics of both the prophylactic and surgical site infection treatment market is anticipated to change in the coming years owing to the expected launch of emerging therapies during the forecast period of 2020–2030. There are presently three emerging therapies focused on treating or preventing surgical site infection in either cardio or abdominal surgeries. These include XF-73 (Destiny Pharma Plc), D-PLEX100 (PolyPid Ltd.), BTX1801 (Botanix Pharmaceuticals) in the prophylactic segment, and Delafloxacin (Menarini Group) in SSI treatment section.
Table of content
1. Key Insights
2. Report Introduction
3. Surgical Site Infection Prophylactic Market Overview at a Glance
4. Surgical Site Infection Treatment Market Overview at a Glance
5. Executive Summary of Surgical Site Infection
6. Disease Background and Overview
7. Epidemiology and Patient Population
8. Treatment and Management
10. Organizations contributing towards Surgical Site Infection
11. Patient Journey
12. Case Report
13. Emerging Therapies
14. Surgical Site Infection: Seven Major Market Analysis
15. Market Drivers
16. Market Barriers
17. SWOT Analysis
18. Unmet Needs
20. DelveInsight Capabilities
22. About DelveInsight
Surgical Site Infection Market Report Highlights
- In the coming years, Surgical Site Infection (SSI) market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Surgical Site Infection (SSI) R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for SSI. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Surgical Site Infection (SSI) market
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for SSI.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for life science vertical and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Yash Bhardwaj
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States