DelveInsight’s ‘Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Pipeline Insight 2023‘ report provides comprehensive global coverage of available, marketed, and pipeline Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis therapies in various stages of clinical development, major pharmaceutical companies are working to advance the pipeline space and future growth potential of the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis pipeline domain.
Key Takeaways from the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Pipeline Report
- Over 100+ Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis pipeline therapies are in various stages of development, and their anticipated acceptance in the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis market would significantly increase market revenue.
- Leading Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis companies developing novel drug candidates to improve the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis treatment landscape include Amylyx Pharmaceuticals, Biogen, AB Sciences, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics, and others.
- Promising Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis pipeline therapies in various stages of development include AMX0035, BIIB067, Masitinib, Ravulizumab, Autologous MSC-NTF cells, and others.
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Overview
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) is a rare neurological disease that primarily affects the nerve cells (neurons) responsible for controlling voluntary muscle movement (those muscles we choose to move). Voluntary muscles produce movements like chewing, walking, and talking. The disease is progressive, meaning the symptoms get worse over time.
Currently, there is no cure for ALS and no effective treatment to halt or reverse the progression of the disease. ALS belongs to a wider group of disorders known as motor neuron diseases, which are caused by gradual deterioration (degeneration) and death of motor neurons. Motor neurons are nerve cells that extend from the brain to the spinal cord and to muscles throughout the body.
As motor neurons degenerate, they stop sending messages to the muscles and the muscles gradually weaken, start to twitch, and waste away (atrophy). Eventually, the brain loses its ability to initiate and control voluntary movements. Early symptoms of ALS usually include muscle weakness or stiffness. Gradually all voluntary muscles are affected, and individuals lose their strength and the ability to speak, eat, move, and even breathe. Most people with ALS die from respiratory failure, usually within 3 to 5 years from when the symptoms first appear. However, about 10 percent of people with ALS survive for 10 or more years.
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Pipeline Analysis: Drug Profile
AMX0035: Amylyx Pharmaceuticals
AMX0035 is an investigational product comprised of two complementary active agents, sodium phenylbutyrate (PB) and taurursodiol (TURSO), which were combined in a co-formulation to reduce neuronal death and dysfunction. AMX0035 was specifically co-formulated and manufactured by Amylyx to ensure proper absorption, exposure, and quality. AMX0035 targets endoplasmic reticulum and mitochondrial dependent neuronal degeneration pathways in ALS and other neurodegenerative diseases. The company has submitted a New Drug Submission (NDS) to Health Canada for AMX0035 (sodium phenylbutyrate (PB)-taurursodiol (TURSO)) for the treatment of ALS.
Discover more about the emerging Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis drugs @ Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Drugs
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Key Companies
- Amylyx Pharmaceuticals
- AB Sciences
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals
- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Pipeline Therapies
- Autologous MSC-NTF cells
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Pipeline Therapeutics Assessment
- By development stage
- By product type
- By route of administration
- By molecule type
- By MOA type
Scope of the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Pipeline Report
- Coverage: Global
- Key Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Companies: Amylyx Pharmaceuticals, Biogen, AB Sciences, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics, and others
- Key Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Pipeline Therapies: AMX0035, BIIB067, Masitinib, Ravulizumab, Autologous MSC-NTF cells, and others
Find out more about the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis treatment options in development @ Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Clinical Trials
Table of Contents
2. Executive Summary
4. Pipeline Therapeutics
5. Late-Stage Products (Phase III)
6. Mid-Stage Products (Phase II)
7. Early Stage Products (Phase I/II)
8. Preclinical Stage Products
9. Discovery Stage Products
10. Therapeutic Assessment
11. Inactive Products
12. Collaborations Assessment- Licensing / Partnering / Funding
13. Unmet Needs
14. Market Drivers and Barriers
16. About DelveInsight
Other Trending Reports:
- Asthma Diagnostic Devices Market
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Treatment Devices Market
- Airway Management Devices Market
- Cough Assist Devices Market
- Pulse Oximeters Market
- Hemodialysis Catheter Devices Market
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Kritika Rehani
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States